QTC is seeking a detail-oriented and disciplined Tax Analyst to provide advanced administrative support to the Tax and Compliance function. This position is responsible for coordinating all federal, state and local income and indirect tax filings, corporate compliance filings and tax-related projects, and plays a critical role in the coordination with the parent company as well as regulatory and compliance firms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, timely management of various tax returns, completion of tax schedules, and analysis of tax regulations in relation to QTC’s complex legal and business structure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordination with regulatory and compliance firms ensuring timely tax filings including, but not limited to, multi-state income tax returns, 1099s, multi-jurisdiction sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, and personal property tax with various government agencies
- Responsible for corporate compliance filings including, but not limited to, corporation registration, annual reports, unclaimed property, business licenses, and various permits
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax and compliance calendar
- Responsible for working with auditors to complete all tax audits and government compliance reviews
- Research and assess tax regulations issues to identify solutions and best practices
- Coordinate with parent company to ensure compliance and identify tax filings process improvement opportunities
- Assess transactions for root causes that may result in variances to reconciliations and suggest improvements for overall process
- Respond timely and professionally to inquiries and escalate unresolved issues
- Responsible for maintaining professional relationship, open communication, and timely renewal of contracts with the 3rd party firms
- Interact with other departments (e.g. Operations, Human Resources, Billings, Payroll, parent company, etc.) as needed
- Ensure compliance with relevant QTC’s accounting policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Financial Accounting & Reporting (FAR) and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) requirements
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong detail orientation, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated financial/analytical acumen
- Solid project management skills with ability to balance and prioritize workload
- Ability to manage timeliness and milestones while holding self accountable for meeting deadlines
- Commitment to producing high quality work product
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 2 to 4 years of professional experience in tax compliance
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Public Accounting experience is preferred
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.