The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Network Engineer Level 1. This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
- Performs network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks.
- Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents.
- Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration.
- Schedules conversions and cutovers.
- Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents.
- Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures.
- Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces.
- Active TS SCI w/Poly, and the ability and willingness to maintain this clearance or upgrade as necessary while holding this position.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline and five (5) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support and training commensurate with network engineering curriculum.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or related discipline can be substituted for two (2) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support for a total of three (3) years.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree an additional four (4) years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a total of nine (9) years.
- Certifications: An Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level I baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
- Domain specific experience in the applicable customer mission space is highly desired.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.