Varec, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, seeks to hire a Sr. Account Executive. Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Sr. Account Executive will be responsible for selling our products and services in the oil and gas midstream and downstream markets.
We are seeking candidates local to the Houston, Texas area only. Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
Ideally, we are seeking someone with a mechanical or electrical engineering background. Previous experience or knowledge in the oil & gas market is a plus, but not required. The Sr. Account Executive should have experience working in software sales and delivery, with the ability to learn and understand Varec's Inventory Management Systems (FuelsManager) suite of products and services. The Varec FuelsManager® suite has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers.
The Sr. Account Executive will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, following up with leads and making inside sales. The main objective involves communicating with new and existing clients to understand their needs, helping them select the right products or services and considering their budget. Experience managing enterprise accounts, sales forecasting and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Create and manage annual business plans for the corporate accounts.
- Develops and qualifies new sales inquiries, providing technical review, including proposals, quotations, technical documentation and drawings.
- Follows up on outstanding proposals and quotations – manages and reports monthly on a sales pipeline.
- Pursues large corporate accounts to develop needs for Varec’s suite of software products.
- The successful candidate must feel comfortable demonstrating automation products and application concepts directly with customers and will be expected to answer a wide range of questions regarding the product lines.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years of experience or Master's Degree with 10+ years' experience. Will consider additional work experience in absence of degree.
- Candidate must have 10 - 15 years of experience in a technical environment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Must promote and adhere to Leidos Ethics Program.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time - strong organization and time management skills required
- Job location requirement is Houston, TX. Candidate can relocate to Houston but no compensation is included for the move.
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is a plus
- Field experience in IT space including SCADA, and Data management in Industrial applications.
- Field experience regarding terminal automation at load rack facilities is a plus.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation over 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.