The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking a Full Stack Developer, Team Lead with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands-on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real-time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverable of projects through all aspects of the software development life cycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and unit testing.
- BS/BA degree and 12 years of experience or Master’s with 10 years of experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must be able to maintain and obtain a CBP Background Investigation prior to start
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology and working in a SecDevOps environment
- Experience working with containerized applications preferably utilizing Konvoy
- 2-3 years’ experience developing cloud ready applications and/or experience migrating applications to the cloud.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in at least 2 of the following: React, Angular, Redux, HTML, CSS, JSX, bootstrap, ES6, Redux, JWT, JSON, Babel, Webpack, Axios, NPM, Node.
- Thorough understanding of React and Angular and its core principles
- 2+ years experience with Microservices/RESTful APIs
- Expertise with Axios framework to work with rest services.
- Hands on experience with HTML/CSS/Bootstrap
- Hands on experience of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Hands on working experience with Redux Store for session management.
- Hands on experience with more current specifications of EcmaScript (ES6)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, Node etc.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization is plus.
- AWS Developer or Solutions Architect certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.