Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next Mid-level Systems Administrator to work in Bethesda, MD. (One or two days from home) Your job will be to bring together, Linux (primarily) and Windows systems administration, systems maintenance, and systems performance optimization. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong cross functional collaboration in areas such as, but not limited to, development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, and system engineers on the following key tasks:
- Clear devotion to the DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) mindset
- Perform Linux builds, installs, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Linux and Windows servers to include base configuration, security and system patching, performance monitoring, etc.
- Provide O/S hardening (STIG, OpenSCAP, ACAS) and system patching
- Develop server builds for virtual and physical environments
- Manage, maintain, configure, and deploy system integration tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm
- Develop scripts to support patching, configuration, and other infrastructure team tasking as needed
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software, validate and implement system patches, including fast turnaround time security critical patches
- Working knowledge of COTS and FOSS storage solution
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
- Support CM activities
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
- Typically requires Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- At least 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Experience in system integrations testing through a full system development life cycle, including implementing test plans, test cases and test processes
- Working in an Agile project management environment
- Experience with security requirements derivation
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and also a self-starter who can work on their own
- Expertise in configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience with Patching: yum repositories, APT repositories
- Experience with Server builds: virtual and physical
- Experience with advanced server networking in a Cisco environment
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers and cloud operations
It would be great if you have specific experiences and skills with the following (preferred):
- Knowledge of Atlassian software suite tools such as JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with data engineering tools such as Kubernetes/Rancher, Cloudera
- Experience with Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt) and IaC tools such as terraform and AWS Cloudformation
- Experience with scripting languages such bash, python3 and power shell
- Experience with CI/CD tools Jenkins, Nexus, Docker/containerd, gitlab/github
- Experience with ELK clusters, including Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and *beats
- Experience with Windows Systems Administration and troubleshooting Active Directory
- Experience establishing large computer end-point environments (> 1,000 end-points)
- Experience maintaining AI/ML environments (NVIDIA hardware and software)
- Experience maintaining large data (Petabyte) environments and storage solutions
- Experience with advanced Linux network hardware (e.g.: Mellanox Network Cards)
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.