Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
This fully funded Network Threat Analyst (also known as Network Threat Support Specialist NTSS) position is on a cyber-opposing force team, focused on building complete exercise environments, assisting system administrators, and increasing the productivity of the directorate network team. The Operator/Analyst will develop innovative capabilities providing Live-On-Range Opposing Force (OPFOR) for cyber–Immersion Training and Exercises. The Operator/Analyst will collaborate with analytical counterparts across the U.S. Intelligence Community and partners to apply knowledge of threat environment, open-source tools, and current implementation of threat technologies to provide fully adaptive cyber-attack scenarios in a virtual range environment.
- Developing concepts such as defensible architectures and incident response scenarios
- Conducting forensic analysis
- Ensuring Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) used during exercises and simulations are based on real-world threats to build familiarity with attacks and mitigations
- Creating persistent and realistic cyber threats based on specific intelligence, providing a realistic scenario
- Providing a virtual opposing force capable of multiple levels/tiers of threats based on tradecraft and techniques that are present to a training audience
- Executing effects that support attribution of the adversary
- Conducting training and certification exercises while working closely with exercise control cells to ensure the tempo and scale is geared to the training audience and their objectives
- Providing network architecture designs for training events based on requirements derived from training scenario objectives and partnerships
- Advising leadership on network requirements based on current adversary emulation research and offensive tool requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable (math, science, computer, engineering) field and 8 or more years work experience in network vulnerability analysis. In lieu of degree extensive experience in network and vulnerability analysis will be considered on a case by case basis
- Must have demonstrated expertise in relevant CNO, SIGINT and Open Source tools & databases
- Must have a significant amount of Cyber experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to present complex technology into layman terms.
- A basic understanding of how to use Cobalt Strike, a penetration testing product that allows an attacker to deploy an agent on a victim machine
- An understanding of Kali Linux and the use of some of the information security tools used for security analysis, security auditing, and penetration testing
- Self-motivated, creative, organized, willing to work as a member of a team, and able to manage individual schedule.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non-standard hours when needed
- A general understanding of how to create within the Persistent Cyber Training Environment (PCTE)
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.