Leidos Health Group has an opportunity for a Sr. Contracts Manager to lead contracts in support of the Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) program within the Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operation. Leidos partners with the Department of Defense’s (DoD’s) MFLC Program to provide counseling services and support to military service members and their families overcome common challenges such as deployment, frequent relocation, job stress and life away from home.
Our candidate will have progressive experience providing cradle-to-grave contract administration support for complex FAR based CPAF, CPFF, FFP, T&M and labor hour government contracts including RFP analysis, hands-on proposal development including the development of terms and conditions, coordination of appropriate internal reviews, contract negotiation, and contract/task order administration, execution, and closeout. This candidate will act as the primary interface collaborating and negotiating with Government contracting counterparts on a major defense agency acquisition program.
- Responsible for the overall contract execution and compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, federal/agency regulations, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws for both CONUS and OCONUS performance locations.
- Work closely with the functional Team to become a trusted adviser by achieving day-to-day contracting and program objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Proactively engage with customer (Government) contracting counterparts to build enduring relationships.
- Develop written correspondence to support company positions on contract terms and conditions and maintain complete/comprehensive contract files to support the entire history of the contract, to include official letter and email correspondence.
- Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Multi-task and prioritize work activities in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Frequently interact both virtually and face to face with other contracts and procurement staff, functional peers, management and external and internal customers (including company executives).
- Lead the review and analysis of RFPs, prepare compliant and complete administrative proposal volumes, support development and compliance of cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos’ interests during negotiations, contract administration, and contract closeout.
- Identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures.
- Engage with capture and proposal team as an integrated team member supporting proposal development. Ensure proposal submission is timely and compliant.
- Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with major impact on the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple professional areas.
- Typically responsible for coaching, reviewing and delegating work to lower level professionals.
- Problems typically involve multiple issues, areas or specialties.
- Makes significant improvements in programs, processes, and solutions to enhance results.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Utilizes expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced principles, and concepts of a professional family.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration OR a related field.
- Must have experience managing Federal/US Government contracts.
- Expert knowledge with government contracts with emphasis on acquisition strategies and proposal evaluation.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR.
- Experience with non-disclosure agreements and Contractor Teaming Arrangements.
- Has the ability to support a high volume of complex work independently.
- Exhibits a high level of business acumen and understands the impacts of contract and proposal activities on other functions within the organization.
- Experience in oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts/subcontractors, leading or assisting in key negotiations, resolving performance issues, identifying risks and associated mitigations, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and government and contract requirements.
- Proficient in developing written correspondence.
- Possess interpersonal skills to deal effectively with leadership and staff regarding Contracts with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to develop strong positive relationships with customer leadership that can be leveraged to assist in problem resolution.
- Experience with multiple contract types, and CPAF contracts is strongly preferred.
- Has the ability to identify complex problems and risks related to terms and conditions and how they map to requirements; establish appropriate mitigation steps; execute steps; and provide continued status to management.
- Has experience in developing contracting strategies, as well as alternative contracting options, consistent with federal acquisition regulations/policies to address customer requirements.
- Demonstrates expert negotiation skills and uses them to maximize Leidos’ return and minimize our risk.
- Operates with an enterprise and customer-oriented perspective and continually seeks to improve business results consistent with organizational core values.
- Demonstrates the value of the Contracts function during interactions with internal and external customers.
Our Health Business is helping to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient for defense and civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we integrate engineering, science, and clinical insights with technology to develop impactful, outcome-based solutions. Recognized as a Top 3 Health IT provider, Leidos draws on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. We deliver a broad range of customizable, scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.