The Intelligence Dev Ops Lab (IDOL) team at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to work with our Reston based team. This position is eligible for part-time telework.
This position will assist in building cutting edge solutions to solve complex problems with the right technologies, working through an agile development and release process to support critical customer mission goals. They will also support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational missions. IDOL works on a variety of projects for government customers and includes engineering robust infrastructure, end-point capabilities, and cloud implementations. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
Our Intelligence Development Operations (DevOps) Lab is an advanced, unclassified, state-of-the-art center dedicated to software and hardware development and engineering. The Lab was built to serve the mission of our Intelligence Community (IC) customers and industry partners and provides full stack, embedded and mobile development, automated and penetration testing, on-prem and cloud deployments, reverse engineering, vulnerability analysis, and cutting-edge cyber research.
IDOL provides a game-changing opportunity to combine experience executing mission-critical, enterprise-class operations with the latest advances in automation, infrastructure as code, and cloud computing to deliver high-quality solutions. In support of programs across the Leidos enterprise, the Software Engineer will develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software solutions.
- Perform software analysis, design, development and test of specific requirements related to Windows, Linux, and mobile operating systems.
- Determine system and software specifications and architecture to meet customer requirements.
- Experience employing an iterative/agile development process in both Frontend and Backend development and interactive prototyping
- Apply understanding of technical issues surrounding the designing, building, and testing of software development kits.
- Apply research skills to identify various methods and solutions to complex software challenges.
- Candidates must be a US citizen. (IDOL does offer ability to sponsor security clearances, as well as clearance upgrades)
- BS degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree
- Knowledge of Angular, Node, Vue.js or ReactJS
- Experience working with database management
- Experience with Virtual Machines
- Experience with Atlassian Suite, ex. Jira, Confluence and/or GitLab
- Knowledge of web services, Microservices, SOA, IoT, encryption, security, cloud services, and communications.
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain
- Address somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues
- Develop solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Understanding of Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android operating system interfaces to implement process synchronization techniques (i.e., semaphores, messages, threading), process scheduling, resource and device access
- Exposure to scripting languages for enhanced user experiences through application interfaces
- Web and Mobile development experience communicating with cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud Services, ex. AWS or Microsoft Azure
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.