Leidos Enterprise and Cyber Security, Defense operation is seeking your talent in support of our Fusion Center Operations in our Colorado Springs office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the N2NOMS mission.
Tell me about the customer and role...
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. As the Fusion Center Operations Lead, you will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, problem and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense networks. You will act as the focal point and lead a team of subcontracted and Leidos team members (approximately six), in Event Monitoring, Situation Management, Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM), and Crisis Action Team (CAT) personnel at Peterson SFB through collaboration on system support issues that arise and escalate concerns to program management as needed. You will also Lead and supervise a 24x7 Event Monitoring Team, directly interact with the Government customer, and represent Fusion Center Operations to senior management in support the NORAD Northern Command (NNC) missions.
What will you do in this role?
• Design, create, and maintain IT services within an organization for the external Norad and US NORTHCOM customers.
• Design, oversee and be responsible for the planning processes required to deliver quality IT services including; the planning processes consider "forward looking" aspects that have a medium to long term impact on the quality of IT services; quality of IT services during day to day operations.
• Lead a 24x7 Event Monitoring Team: provide leadership to the team, mentor; generate shift work schedules for normal and contingency operational requirements, assign daily tasks and activities; monitor employee performance against IT standards and processes; train new hires; and maintain certification and training records to ensure compliance and career advancement. Provides guidance on delineation of support from the team and monitors progress for the team.
• Stand up a Crisis Action Team (CAT). Lead, mentor; generate work schedules, coordinate and oversee work assignments and activities, monitor performance, track training, and implement tasks and integration efforts.
• Author, oversee, monitor, track, analyze trends, research and provide resolution to problems, and produces the annual Event Monitoring Plan deliverable, monthly deliverables for event monitoring, the Monthly Availability Management Report, and the Monthly Capacity Management and IT Utilization.
• Provide analysis and be Responsible for remote network site reporting, tracking of IT issues, and service restoration. Design and incorporate input from the team and ensure quality and PWS and Service Catalog compliance.
• Perform Quality Checks on the Network Operations Logs.
• POC for audits conducted by the Quality Assurance team on PWS, ISO 9001, and Leidos Engineering Edge compliance. Determine how to best answer audit questions, analyze how work is performed and determine compliance (design new processes if needed), provide documentation as requested, provide evidence to support the answers to the audit questions.
• Design, implement and improve ITIL processes within an organization such as organization change, cultural change, and process improvement. Develop, identify and recommend opportunities for performance improvement using IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices. Direct activities to employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance performance, productivity, and knowledge.
• Develop, design, and modify new and existing policies and processes to ensure their accuracy to customer requirements and contract policies. Create and update Training, Tactics and Procedures (TTPs).
• Lead, conduct and share results from service and operation performance reviews.
• Brief the Program Leadership/Fusion Center Manager and provide daily situational awareness, analyze issues/problems and present potential suggested solutions.
Additionally, as the primary POC for the Fusion Center Operations team you will:
• Engage with Government customers, internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of operations and ongoing technical issues, and report status of the team to Senior Program personnel and Government customers.
• Analyze the requests and requirements to design solutions. Develop functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes.
• Conduct daily briefings with senior military personnel, and act as liaison between Government Operations and contract O&M (Operations and Maintenance).
• Direct COMSPOT monitoring, tracking, and record keeping activities for the team. Organize activities to work collaboratively in a technological environment.
• Coordinate between O&M employees, management and government operations on Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI). Ensure the timing of the ASI does not impact other work of the customer and O&M, and the environment is ready for the ASI before it starts. Collaborate with all the stakeholders to ensure the ASI objectives are met.
• Monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment.
• Perform key stakeholder role in the weekly Change Advisory Board (CAB).
• Reports directly to Fusion Center Manager.
These are the Required Qualifications...
• Bachelor's and 8+ years of related experience
• Current Secret with ability to gain TS/SCI clearance
• IAT II (Security+, GSEC)
• Server Certification
• Experience with event monitoring tools (e.g. SolarWinds, SCOM, etc.)
• Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, video services, Juniper, Nutanix
• General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
• Experience in executing tasks associated with leading and managing small teams
These are the Preferred Qualifications...
• Experience in providing leadership within a DoD IT environment
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives
• ITIL Foundations certification
• Experience in event monitoring
• Experience in CAT (Crisis Action Team) process and procedure
• Able to learn and train junior personnel on new system changes as needed
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.