Leidos is seeking a JRSS Network Engineer to perform engineering tasks in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities at DISA Global Operations Command (DGOC) Scott AFB, IL.
JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the Department of Defense (DoD) security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. You will be working with a team of engineers focused on delivering new IT systems to the customer. Experience working at command line, GUI and understanding of configuring network devices is essential for the position as you will be configuring network/system devices, troubleshooting, port testing, performing code upgrades, and applying STIGs. Experience with Computer Network Defense (CND) device configuration a plus. This role requires your ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Perform integration and implementation of new JRSS stacks and tech refreshes by verifying network and Defense Cyber Operations (DCO) hardware installation and device configurations against the baseline.
- Provides engineering support and advanced technical deployment of detailed applications and configuration to DISA device hardware such as network routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, servers, IPS, IDS, and DLP equipment
- Consult and support the IT&A team and PMO during implementation planning and scheduling meetings by identifying possible risks and providing technical guidance. May be required to act in a liaison role as required.
- Perform in depth analysis of device hardware, cabling, and configuration issues to resolution. Detailed capture of issues and interaction with subject matter experts as needed. Perform port testing for all device connections within the JRSS stack, which includes fiber optic and Ethernet cables, patch panels and device network card interfaces.
- Modify and perform baseline device software upgrades and operating system installations to over 50 separate devices. Detailed testing and reporting of findings and provide course of action to complete the project on time.
- Technical interface with and in the execution of detailed testing and implementation of RFCs on the lab environment in support of tech refreshes
- Analyze and update baseline configurations of the JRSS equipment on a quarterly basis or as necessary
- Create and update technical documents pertaining to processes and implementation trackers
- Provide and consult technical documentation and procedures with junior level engineers
This position requires you to have hands on experience and/or proven knowledge of two or more of the following devices/vendors:
- Cisco devices to include: routers (IOS, IOS XE & ASR) and/or firewalls
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Juniper devices to include: routers (MX), firewalls (SRX) and/or switches
- F5 Load Balancer
- HP devices to include: Switches, HP Tipping Points, and/or HP Proliant servers
- Raritan KVM
• Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Hands on networking experience required.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must have an active DoD Secret Security clearance; Top Secret preferred.
• Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher (Sec+CE or higher), or be able to obtain within 3 months of hire.
• Travel: This position will require travel up to 35% of the year.
• Telework: This position is full time telework.
• Remedy Ticketing
• Documentation generation (test and acceptance)
• Information Technology installation experience
• Tier 2 troubleshooting experience
• STIGs experience
• Knowledge of Active Directory Knowledge of server virtualization
• Working Knowledge of VMware 5.5 or later
• Experience with the implementing of storage solutions (SAN, vSAN)
• Server engineering with Microsoft and Linux environments (RHEL, CentOS)
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.