A leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC), Leidos is searching for a Windows System Administrator to join our team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) Engineering Research and Development Center (ERDC), Vicksburg, Mississippi.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and installation of the supporting Windows virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) on a Nutanix cluster using VMware. Candidate will also be part of a team that manages, maintains, and administers Windows desktops, Windows servers, as well as workgroup and desktop printers. Direct user support and interaction is required on a daily basis, so the candidate must be able communicate and work well with users, other function support teams, management, and vendors.
- An understanding of managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows Active Directory and networking technologies such as DNS, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, etc., and a working knowledge of how to implement and troubleshoot in a LAN/WAN environment
- Managing the interaction between a Windows Active Directory Environment and large number of Linux based Servers.
- Experience with Windows authentication via DoD CAC (Common Access Card)
- Experience with managing and maintaining virtualization infrastructure and architecture such as VMware vSphere and Citrix Xen Sever
- Experience with Microsoft System Center, especially Configuration Manager
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements
- At least 3 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Server and Desktop environments
- Experience with VMware’s vSphere and Horizon View
- Experience with Microsoft HyperV
- Experience with DoD and Army security configurations, technologies, and policies, including DISA STIG, Army Gold Master, IAVA, etc.
- Experience with High Availability configuration in a Windows Active Directory Environment for both local and remote site configurations.
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Required education and experience:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
Clearance: Ability to obtain an DoD interim Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.