The Exploration Medical Integrated Product Team (XMIPT) is focused on closing medical gaps for exploration missions by identifying and kicking off necessary projects, technologies, and research that meet these needs. We are seeking a project manager to provide support for projects within our portfolio that are in various phases of development including: the exploration electronic health record (xEHR), semi-autonomous behavioral health and performance (BHP) technologies, and medications in vacuum study. We are specifically seeking someone with experience/expertise with maturing technologies to flight demonstrations. The position will require the ability to status technical, budget/financial management, schedule, and risks, to allocate tasking, and to perform systems engineering reviews. Presentation of findings, reports, and status is completed routinely to both vendor/contractor management and XMIPT leadership.
- Scoping and phasing of project activities to ensure technical feasibility
- Ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Developing and documenting a detailed project plan, which includes, but is not limited to: schedules, requirements, testing, and validation products
- Establishing and maintaining a detailed project schedule to monitor and track budgets, key milestones, and deliverables
- Leading Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) tasks with design reviews, operations reviews, verification, and certification reviews
- Coordinating with internal and external parties to enable project execution
- Measuring project performance using appropriate project management tools
- Performing risk management analysis to track and manage project risks
- Providing regular reporting to XMIPT on project stats risks
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive project documentation
- Maintaining regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, math, project management or closely related field and 5 years' relevant experience
- Experience managing spaceflight projects of different sizes from start to finish
- Experience in organization of technical reviews for life cycle milestones
- Experience in customer interfacing role
- Cost account management experience and reporting
- Experience with MS Project
- Experience with Flight Hardware and Software Development processes
- Previous working experience with NASA or a NASA contractor
- Previous experience with NASA or INCOSE Systems Engineering standards
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation. Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident due to length investigation for non-U.S. persons.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.