Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We are in search of an experienced Senior DevSecOps Engineer supporting the Cyber TRIDENT Program. The candidate will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of capability focused on Cyber Training systems. The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide their expertise in infrastructure provisioning and configuration and software deployment across the software development lifecycle.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Works from established DevSecOps requirements in support of the rapid development, security, test, validation and fielding of complex software and hardware systems.
- Creats, leads, and implements the processes and tools to deliver an automated, CI/CD pipeline based DevSecOps system that is capable of supporting VMs, containers, compiled software applications and scripts and source code in a pre-compiled state.
- Works across the development, security, operations, and Infrastructure (HW and SW) teams to ensure that the DevSecOps tools and processes are supporting the holistic system development, integration and fielding effort
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 8 or more years’ of experience in a relevant field. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Agile and DevSecOps concepts and best practices.
- Fundamental background with software design patterns and programming languages.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Self-starter that can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to support program execution in classified environments.
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins, GitLab Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux, AWS and Azure.
- Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with automated test tools like Katalon, Selenium, Cucumber, or JMeter
- Own entire projects or processes within a technical area.
- Responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower-level technical staff.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.