Are you interested in being an important member on a dynamic team of developers, engineers and analysts dedicated to building new capabilities for Leidos and its customers? The Airborne Mission Operations division is seeking a Testing Engineer to support the Army Geospatial Center’s Instrument Set, Reconnaissance and Surveying Capabilities (ISRSC) Program. Commonly known as ‘ENFIRE,’ the candidate will provide on-going hardware and software testing and integration support for the ISRSC engineer surveying set used by Army Engineers to collect information from the field.
Candidate must possess strong hardware and software (HW/SW) testing skillsets to develop and perform unit, automated, and manual testing of the ISRSC application and its peripheral devices. The candidate will conduct, at a minimum, semi-annual HW/SW technical requirements reviews of new and emerging COTS technologies and provide findings and recommendations to the government for review. Candidate will work alongside team of SW developers in an Agile environment that include daily standups, sprint meetings, and quarterly demos to the customer of ISRSC kit improvements.
Candidate will be responsible for software verification and validation, including test planning, development, execution, analysis and associated documentation. Coordinates testing activities for various projects. Supports bug reporting and tracking and software test processes. Assists in the development of the test strategy in order to meet the release schedule. Adheres to established testing procedures. Works under general supervision. Responsible for defining test strategies, plans, procedures and reports. Responsible for writing tests, executing those tests, and reporting the results. Initiates and analyzes problem reports and change proposals. Ensures that hardware/software under test implements the functionality specified in all approved requirement documents and that it performs as expected from the customers perspective. Develops strong cooperative relationships with development, project management teams and manager to achieve end-to-end product quality. Must have knowledge of Government security policies and familiarity with security-related technologies and auditing tools. Designs, constructs and implements manual and automated tests that thoroughly exercise the product from the perspective of the customer. Assesses system and software level requirement specifications, software design, interface design, test, and other development related documentation as needed. Assists with implementation of the enhancements, including documentation, instruction and hands-on-training of others.
- Utilize strong software testing and critical thinking skills to test and analyze both standard and edge cases for different functionalities of multiple geospatial applications
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios for both in-house, and client facing demonstrations
- Executing tests on software usability including but not limited to: black box/white box testing, load testing, integration testing, OS testing, stress testing, and automated recursive testing
- Analyzing test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability of several geospatial applications including mobile and desktop apps
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and ensuring interoperability with the development team
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements as well as working closely with field teams/ (find a way to say Trainers here) to ensure that both the customer and the end users are getting the best possible product
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems
- Conduct and report on hardware studies for potential and existing hardware utilized within the ENFIRE system and evaluate performance, cost, and efficiency for each device
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field OR at least 5 years of QA and software testing experience
- Basic understanding of programming and programming languages including C#, Kotlin and Windows development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on client-facing discussion
- Experience working on large and complex codebases
- Hardware experience and a willingness to work with hardware integration
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and the ability to interface with the design and development teams
- Working knowledge of organizational and test management software like JIRA, Miro and Confluence
- Current Secret level or higher Security Clearance required
- Master’s Degree or equivalent of 2+ years of testing experience
- Previous Government Contracting experience
- Previous experience in a Geospatial field
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- Test automation/ recursive testing knowledge is a plus
- Willingness to travel to different project sites
- Willingness and ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to liaise with other teams within the Geospatial world and interoperate with organizations throughout the space
- Ability to communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues and bridge the gap between the technical and the non technical
- Experience interfacing with military audiences
- Military experience as a Combat or Geospatial Engineer, Cavalry Scout or Military Policeman, SGT or SSG
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.