Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This classified mobility task order provides a full suite of mobility operations to DISA and its Mission Partners across all branches of military and the US Government.
- Monitor and maintain an enterprise services environment consisting of Windows servers, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, and network appliances.
- Assist mission partners with mobile device VPN connectivity debugging, user account and device management, and troubleshooting system/service access issues.
- Perform configuration updates and maintenance activities to patch, secure, and maintain systems.
- Respond to, and help analyze, issues that degrade system or network performance to minimize downtime.
- Address moderately complex technical issues using internal SOPs and collaboration with team members.
- Help create and update documentation for common issues and processes to contribute to the team’s knowledge base.
- Provide input on ways to optimize processes and improve the efficiency of the environment.
- Oversee contractor support staff for the DISA-provided services in our 24x7 Classified Mobility Operations Center located at Joint Base San Antonio, TX.
- Oversee daily operations to ensure the primary infrastructure systems within the Mobility gateway (servers, network appliances, virtual systems, workstations) are effectively maintained, and administered to ensure smooth reliable operations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the other functional managers (O&M, HaCC, Mobility Support/Provisioning & Engineering) and senior HaCC and Mobility management to identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provide situational awareness to government customer on a variety of technology based issues impacting the Mobility gateway systems and ensure GSMO leadership is aware of highly visible service outages.
- Assign tasks to System Administrators, SMEs, and Ops & Maintenance personnel, supervise on-going technical efforts, and manage contract performance identified by the customer.
- Mitigate risks by ensuring staff meet and exceed contractual requirements by directly interacting with operations team.
- Work non-standard hours (night, weekends, holidays) in support of 24x7x365 operations and sustainment environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 8+ of overall related experience in network operations, maintenance, sustainment and modernization of enterprise virtual server administration; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience with 3+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience overseeing staff and diverse technologies to maintain high availability of enterprise services for on-premise servers and network appliances in 24x7x365 environment.
- Experience with several of the following technical areas - Windows Server, Linux, VMware (ESXi, vCenter, vSphere), network switches/routers/firewalls (Cisco preferred), enterprise storage hardware/software, enterprise backup software, enterprise monitoring software.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with software applications, networking, Windows OS or Linux OS.
- Experience performing system administration tasks - installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching.
- Experience researching complex technical solutions beyond internal SOPs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with direct reports, senior management, and other mission partners.
- Highly proficient problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Ability to work in a 24x7 operation and manage 24x7 schedule across multiple locations.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Windows Server Certification
- Experience with AD, SCCM, SQL, MySQL, SELinux, DNS, Group Policy management.
- Knowledge of scripting or automation tools - PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience configuring and maintaining network devices - switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs.
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as OSI Model, LAN/WAN, IPv4/IPv6, subnetting and VLANs.
- Experience maintaining systems and services in an air-gapped environment.
- Knowledge of ATO accreditation, DISA STIGs, and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of classified mobility operations and classified network infrastructure
- CISSP or other advanced security/administration certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.