NGEN is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) portion of NGEN, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and Engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Leidos is seeking a Mid-level Desktop Support Technician to support a government site in Point Loma, CA as one of the key members of the Field Services team. The candidate will be responsible for direct desk-side support to the customer, troubleshooting and repairing IT devices.
- Assist junior technicians in resolving complex issues
- Manage the resolution of customer tickets according to established Service Level Requirements (SLRs)
- Serve as backup to the Site Operations Lead
- US Citizen
- DoD Secret Clearance
- HS diploma with 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Valid DoD 8570 IAT Level II: Security+ or higher Certification
- Must demonstrated expertise in IT Enterprise Operations
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS, version 10
- Experience with HP Service Manager, Remedy, or similar Service/Help Desk ticket management software
- Basic network troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-motivated/ self-directing
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required. Relationship building
- Ability to manage and prioritize own work, and that of their team
- Independent decision making
- Analytical thinking; thinking out of the box
- Ability to effectively communicate with all organizational levels (SME to Senior Management)
- Ability to analyze problems at various levels (e.g. detail level, overall organizational impact, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.