We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Senior Systems Engineer who specializes in Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) solutions to infuse innovative thought and apply their expertise in support of our enterprise ICAM services and capabilities tied to a government customer. As an ICAM Senior Systems Engineer, you will primarily apply your skills and subject matter expertise to advance our existing enterprise ICAM system and its services and capabilities through technology insertion and architecture modernization. Your role will be to guide the evolution of our solution, infusing the latest ICAM ideologies, standards, and technologies to meet the present and future needs of its customers and stakeholders and maximize Zero Trust. You will also support Leidos capture and proposal efforts and be afforded opportunities apply your ICAM knowledge in support of multiple contracts.
- Collaborate with existing program technical leads to identify the vision for the evolution of an existing enterprise ICAM solution aligned to customer’s technology strategy and ICAM vision
- Lead / participate in working groups and technical exchange meetings with customers and stakeholders to drive out need statements, requirements, and use cases
- Identify and lead innovation efforts for the delivery of ICAM solutions
- Manage a roadmap of new and enhanced ICAM solutions that align to customer and stakeholder schedules
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) of the existing system such that you can communicate the system’s features, architecture, roadmap, and limitations to a variety of audiences
- Decompose requirements, use cases, and need statements into epics and features with clearly defined acceptance criteria that will be assigned to agile development teams
- Collaborate with the customer on ICAM strategy to enhance ICAM service adoption throughout the customer agency and with external agencies
- Execute analyses of alternatives (AoA’s) and prototypes to determine the design of new system features and capabilities; author white papers with your findings
- Collaborate with corporate technical leadership to maximize the application of existing Leidos solutions in the program’s ICAM solution and promote adoption of the program’s ICAM solutions by other Leidos efforts and programs
- Lead the technical solutions for corporate and program capture efforts and responses to requests for information (RFI’s) / requests for proposal (RFP’s) / contract task orders
- Prepare presentations and videos for customer and stakeholder forums
- Coordinate architecture and implementation guidance to follow Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) and other policies, directives, and standards
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies to executive management
- Update program documentation as needed
- Bachelors of Science and 12 plus years of prior relevant experience or a Master of Science degree with 10 plus years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated ICAM experiences with similar responsibilities for at least 5 years
- Knowledge of and experience with architecting solutions adhering to Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) policies, directives, and standards
- Demonstration / proof of leadership role(s) in architecting and the implementation of open standards solutions on cloud and on-premise infrastructures with multiple of the following ICAM concepts/standards:
- Attribute and Identity Federation
- Provisioning / De-provisioning person and non-person privileged and non-privileged identities
- Common ICAM standards: OAuth 2.0, OIDC, SAML, SCIM, FIDO2, XACML
- Attribute and Role based access control (ABAC and RBAC)
- Multi-factor Authentication solutions (AAL2 and AAL3)
- Single Sign On
- Entitlement Management
- Experience defining needs, epics, user stories, and features using Agile methodologies in support of continuous exploration / continuous integration / continuous deployment
- Proposal and strong technical writing experience
- Experience in identity management and governance, to include identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
- Understanding of ICAM as a foundational element of a Zero Trust architecture
- Experience working on an enterprise-level project or system with high availability and accountability requirements
- Experience briefing customers, stakeholders, and corporate leadership with technical solutions and proposals
- Experience in the decomposition of requirements, use cases, and needs into a technical design, applying user-centric and test-driven design approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team and independently
- Self-motivated, innovative thinker with experience developing and managing a system roadmap or enhancement plan/backlog
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized
- Deep understanding of both cloud and on-premises infrastructure concepts, including: compute resources, networking, security, load balancing, operating systems (Linux and others), web and application servers, databases, and storage
- Deep understanding of DevSecOps platforms and how they are configured and managed to support rapid release of capabilities
- Understanding of how to architect a system for high availability and fault tolerance
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor your messaging to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Local to DC/Maryland/Virginia
- All candidates must have an active Top Secret security clearance.
- All candidates must be willing to go through the security clearance process to obtain a TS/SCI with a Poly clearance
- Experience or demonstrated familiarity in multiple of the following technologies:
- Rest, XML, and JSON
- Linux OS administration or scripting (Bash)
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- API Gateways
- Experience implementing ICAM solutions for mobile devices
- Knowledge of web application development approaches and technologies
- System administration skills in support of RHEL, SE Linux, Solaris, Windows, Apache, IIS
- Knowledge of / experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Oracle Identity and Access Management (IdAM) suite and it’s components, such as Oracle Access Manager (OAM) or Oracle Unified Directory (OUD), Sailpoint IdentityIQ, Broadcom API Gateway
- Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (Oracle DB, MySQL, CouchDB)
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Docker, Chef, Puppet)
- Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
Must be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI with a polygraph within the customer’s timeline after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.