Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities … There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health, and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Leidos Defense group has an opening for a highly motivated individual. The Tier III master Network Engineer position at MacDill AFB, FL supports the Global Solutions Management-Operations II (GSM-O II), Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE). The JCSE team provides en-route, early entry, scalable C4 support to Regional Combatant Commands, Special Operations Command, and other agencies. In this role, you will be responsible for new capability requirements and design, system assessments, and providing hands-on engineering support. Key elements of this position include: conducting analysis and assessments on new emerging technologies; developing and recommending functional design solutions to meet stakeholder requirements; providing Tier III support to the Joint Network Operations Center (JNOC); developing, engineering, and recommending hardware and software solutions; and conducting cybersecurity mitigations on design solutions to comply with Risk Management Framework (RMF) cybersecurity requirements.
- Providing network architect support, designing, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing interior gateway protocols (IGP), external gateway protocol (EGP), Multi-protocol Label and Switching (MPLS), Virtual Routing & Forwarding (VRF), Network Function Virtualization (NFV)/Service Chaining, and Software Defined Networking (SDN) on an enterprise network to meet security, performance, operational, and functional requirements.
- Ensuring proper routing protocols are being applied to optimize the end-to-end network performance from the Local Area Network (LAN) through a Wide Area Network (WAN), to a Campus Area Network (CAN), to a Storage Area Network (SAN), or data center.
- Assisting the government customer with identifying any derived design objectives, technical specifications, performance requirements, and interoperability specifications to ensure the system design will meet stakeholder end-to-end requirements.
- Ensure the system design adheres to industry standards, DOD standards, DOD policies, DOD instructions, DOD directives, cybersecurity policies, and best commercial practices.
- Develop presentations to stakeholders articulating the gaps, requirements, objectives, functional and solution architecture.
- Develop, review, and update briefings, papers, and/or spreadsheets to meet customer requirements.
- Provide analysis for how the operational, functional, and performance requirements will be met as part of the system design, test, and implementation of initial capabilities.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CompTIA Security+ce, CCNA Security, CySA+, etc.)
- CCNP Enterprise and CCNP Security or equivalent
- Education: BS Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Clearance: Top Secret w/SCI Eligibility
Intrigued?... There’s more! Leidos understands that there are many factors that contribute to a career decision, but pay and benefits are fundamental factors.
Compensation: Very competitive, with a robust rewards and recognition program
Health and well-being: Comprehensive coverage with many programs (ex. HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, 24/7 EAP) to ensure the well-being of you, eligible family members, and registered domestic partners.
Income Protection: Programs to help navigate life events: Company-provided Term Basic Life, Group Universal Life, Optional Dependent Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Business travel accident
Leave: Leidos is committed to work life balance, with competitive leave options.
Retirement: Leidos 401k plan, with company match determined by fringe benefit package
Employee Stock Purchase plan: 10% discount for all enrollees
Family Benefits: Center-based and in home back-up childcare, free access to Sittercity, and Dependent (Daycare) Flexible Spending Accounts
The Leidos values are integrity, inclusion, innovation, agility, collaboration, and commitment. It’s under these values that we feel we are able to provide a safe work environment where we foster equality, growth, and creativity. If you feel Leidos is a fit you and can meet your needs, please submit your application and join our team in our commitment to excellence.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.