Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking an experienced professional Lead Satellite Test and Integration/Systems Engineer to support various satellite, GPS, and ground station programs.
Lead Satellite Test & Integration Systems Engineer responsibilities:
• Developing test plans and experiment designs to measure time transfer and position determination accuracy of an RF system. Experiments design will include test equipment specification and selection, integration of test equipment into the measurement system.
• Development of automatic test scripts; and integration of the measurement system into various test platforms (vehicles).
• Additional experiments to measure ambient noise will be conducted and the successful candidate will be required to design the measurement setup, oversee equipment procurement, integrate the measurement system, and conduct noise measurements
• Design system test architecture and procedures to include system level (end-to-end) and subsystem level procedures. Coordinate test execution activities with internal and external customers. (Ensure proper integration and test implementation and execution, including test / sell off.
Drive the full lifecycle effort across all Engineering domains with a focus on development, modeling and analysis, system functionality, and customer satisfaction.
• Directly interact with the Customer focusing on operational issues including test execution, analysis and troubleshooting of system level anomalies, providing in depth analyses of satellite earth station performance, as well as design, cost, and schedule tradeoffs
• Attend/participate in Preliminary and Critical Design, Technical Exchange meetings, and Test Readiness Reviews
• Key member of Test Planning Working Group
• Bachelors Science in an Engineering discipline along with 8+ years of relevant experience, or a Master with 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience with National Instrument LabView or equivalent test automation software is required. Experience with test plan development, experiment design, and field measurements will be considered relevant.
• The candidate must have experience in satellite communications ground station design or RF performance, antenna tracking, and support systems using COTS products.
• Ability to obtain or maintain Public Trust
• Experience with laboratory equipment including Rubidium Frequency standards, GPS time servers, and Time Increment Counters is desired.
• Design of experiments to measure time accuracy and position accuracy is desired. Systems engineering knowledge with an emphasis on RF and Microwave systems analyses. Experience with GPS, including familiarity with GPS signal structure, modulation, Code Carrier Coherence, and Correlation Loss is strongly preferred.
• This job will average approximately 25% travel to test locations in the western United States including Washington, Nevada, and Montana.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.