Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As a Personal Computer Support Technician you will provide on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment. In this position, you are expected to poses exceptional communication skills, technical, and analytical skills. This challenging position requires an individual with demonstrated experience in resolving technical client support in a service desk setting, ability to perform technical troubleshooting and provide data analysis to determine root causes of application issues. You will work closely with other members of the Customer Support Service team as well as Product Development team to remediate reported client issues in a timely and professional manner. The successful team player will be knowledgeable of all products and expected to be a contributor to new product features and product testing. You are expected to troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide in-person, hands-on assistance at the desktop level.
Under the direction of the Customer Service (Tier 2) Manager and Customer Service Support Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, and test a variety of technology equipment in a multi-vendor environment to include but not limited to computer workstations, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment in accordance with the program policies, procedures and Knowledge Base Articles (KBAs).
• Field incoming help requests from end users via service requests but as required also telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner and provide assistance in person as well as remotely.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, location, contact information, and nature of problem or issue within ITSM tool in the near real-time manner.
• Resolve issues quickly, and maintain a high level of end-user confidence.
• Perform software and hardware upgrades & repairs to existing equipment using current processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
• Train users in accordance with the existing Knowledge Base Articles (KBA) on the proper use of hardware, software, and mobile devices.
• Monitor Backups and take appropriate corrective action whenever necessary.
• Monitor end user asset performance and take appropriate proactive corrective action whenever necessary.
• Identifies potential problems and understands when problems exist without being prompted.
• Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams.
• Responsible for investigating various computer hardware and software issues independently and with the assistance of peers, vendors, and manufacturer support.
• Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
• Ability to work after hours or weekends on an as needed basis to provide support which includes the ability to be on-call for emergency support.
• Associate Degree with 3+ years of experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with PC Hardware and Software
• Proficient in current Microsoft technologies including software, operating systems, group policy, etc.
• Must be customer oriented. Solving customer problems in a timely manner, and informing the customer of problem resolution in a clear manner.
• Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience with 1 or more Windows or Mac products.
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (Outlook, Visio, Project, etc.) and Microsoft Windows (7, 8.1, 10) with the end users.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning and teaching new technologies.
• Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with all levels of staff and the customer.
• Collaborative, works as part of a team to successfully achieve common goals
• Empathetic, honoring the consumer and what they are feeling
• Passionate about helping others
• Self-Confident and able to diplomatically express views that may be unpopular
• Actively Listens and is able to quickly distill provided information and insights
• Conscientious, organized and dependable; always meets deadlines and commitments
• A passion for quality and excellence.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional growth.
• Competency in ServiceNow ITSM tool.
• Initiative-Driven, pursuing goals beyond what is required or expected
• Experience working in agile environment utilizing JIRA
• Technical Certifications in any one of: MCP, Dell/EMC, CompTia A+, Network+, Server+
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.