The Leidos Civil Health Solutions Operation in Windsor Mill, MD (Baltimore) is looking for a Video and Motion Graphic Specialist to provide high-end motion graphic and video productions in support of information technology for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The videographer would join our Communications, Knowledge and Training Team which is focused on the delivery of IT technology solutions for CMS employees.
The ideal candidate for this position, will work to grow and shape this existing role that provides high-end motion graphic and video, to our CMS customer. Projects include but are not limited to motion graphics, animations, video, audio, podcasting, interactive media, and other visual communication approaches, that bring innovation to our CMS customer.
This position plays an important role in meeting and growing customer and program goals, strategies, telling the story of IT to employees, as well as CMS workforce modernization.
This role is responsible for conceiving, creating, shooting, editing, animating, and producing motion graphics, videos as well as other digital media. The position is instrumental in coordinating, creating, setting, and maintaining standards for various types of motion graphics, video, animations, and multimedia content across integrated communication and marketing activities with a focus on internal IT end user related communications for our customer. Additional responsibilities include ensuring creative assets are produced to brand standards and are consistent with communication and marketing plans.
The motion graphics, video, animation, and multimedia solutions are focused on internal employee communications, technical specifications, training and how-to modules, manuals, creative marketing campaigns and employee engagement for prototype, pilot, and full deployment of IT initiatives.
The candidate must be able to both lead and work well within project teams, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, building and responding to both short and long-term projects, deliverables, and plans. This position will have direct contact with key customer stakeholder contacts and groups.
This position is part of a larger team that includes technical and content writers, visual and graphic design, knowledge specialist, training specialist, and business analyst including documentation and 508 compliance.
Proactive collaboration with others across the in-house program team is critical including with: project managers; IT specialists and engineers; procurement, document and quality control; service delivery and service desk; and web developers. This position includes working with the customer, internal program team members, subject matter experts, and other program partners and contractors.
A customer service mindset and approach, attention to detail, and positive, can-do problem-solving attitude, and agility during quick turnarounds are critical.
Under the direction of the Visual and Graphic Design – Team Lead, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Working independently conceiving, capturing, editing, producing motion graphics and video of products or processes, setting up and managing location video shoots or audio recordings;
- Multimedia products may be integrated into digital and print and mediums including but are not limited to: presentations, signage, posters and banners, email broadcasts and announcements, intranet and web materials, newsletters, events, videos, animations, diagrams and dashboards, instructional documents, executive summaries, one pagers, white papers and reports;
- Deep and broad experience with a combination of authoring, motion graphics, video, animation, and multimedia tools and equipment;
- Reviewing design brief needs, completing research and conceptualizing visuals based on requirements;
- Preparing rough drafts, storyboards, and presenting ideas;
- Proposing, selecting and using appropriate multimedia, storytelling and interactive design elements to meet the project brief;
- Multimedia design and production with a focus on key messages, content and copy to create integrated and impactful communication products and mediums;
- Analyzing, testing and adjusting multimedia across necessary platforms and responding to feedback;
- Managing and organizing storytelling, motion graphics, video, and other assets including selection and editing, databases, storage and usage rights, including securing and organizing appropriate releases and approvals with individuals, Leidos or customer groups;
- Preparing files for final review and production;
- Ensuring final deliverables meet 508 compliance standards;
- Collaborating with and/or coordinating production processes through in-house resources or outside vendors;
- Advancing motion graphics, video, animation and multimedia processes, guidelines and standard procedures including document management, review and approval processes and quality control;
- Providing input and leadership on motion graphics, video, animation, and multimedia technologies, processes and trends to keep the work cutting-edge;
- Driving an overarching video strategy for the team’s work across projects and for the customer.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in motion graphics, video, animation, multimedia production, design, communications or closely related discipline;
- 8+ years of experience conceiving, shooting, animating, editing, scheduling and producing motion graphics, video, multimedia, audio and podcasting from concept through final production, implementation and file release;
- Hands on experience creating and editing motion graphic products using industry standard applications such as Adobe Creative Cloud products like Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and other presentation applications;
- Proven motion graphic, video, and multimedia experience via a portfolio reel that demonstrates quality and innovation;
- Experience working on initiatives and campaigns within a larger communications strategy;
- Ability and willingness to follow branding guidelines while also creating new design concepts;
- A strong understanding of effective composition, storytelling, narration, and design, identifying and recommending creative approaches to meet project and customer goals;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while being flexible to deadlines and changes
- Experience creating and managing motion graphic, video, animations, and multimedia schedules to achieve milestone and final deadlines;
- Attention to detail, highly organized, ability to self-manage, check own work and maintain quality;
- Ability to work within a team and independently, working methodically to meet deadlines which are often short turn arounds;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work additional hours on occasion;
- Ability to travel locally required and at times regionally or nationally if requested;
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
- All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Strong and demonstrated motion graphic skills;
- Ability to work to and have a basic understanding of 508 compliance requirements;
- Experience with human centered design (HCD) framework a plus;
- Experience working with agile project management including in Jira and Confluence environments a plus;
- Experience with both Mac and PC interfaces;
- Experience in a similar working environment helpful but not required as new thinking, experience and ideas from other industries or work environments is considered a plus.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.