Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Sr. Cloud Engineer?
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer who enjoys working in a dynamic fast-paced environment to support the GAO Contract.
This position will work as a key member of the Engineering Team working on an enterprise migration to Office 365 and MS Azure. Will be a key technical resource, building, configuring and migrating to Exchange Online Migration, Azure AD, MS Intune, MS OneDrive, MS Power BI and SharePoint Online. This work can be performed remotely from anywhere within the United States with occasional travel to Washington, D.C.
• Collaborate with customers to understand their application environments, evaluate any architectural changes they may need, and develop an architecture that meets the application requirements and utilizes a cloud native approach as much as possible.
• Prepare and submit build and process documentation internally and with external providers to facilitate application deployment and upgrades.
• Deploy and sustain cloud infrastructure to support customer applications.
• Develop, deploy, and maintain Azure Platform Resources, focusing on MS Power BI.
• Work across the company to deliver Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives.
• Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of customer application issues to include network, storage, operating system, and application-level analysis.
• Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network storage and compute services and technologies
• Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance and mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption.
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance prior to start
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field and 8 years of progressive IT experience (additional equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree)
• Senior level Cloud Engineer experience – IaaS required
• 2+ years of experience deploying and configuring Power BI
• Experience with Microsoft Azure AD, M365, Intune, Teams and Zoom.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong troubleshooting skills across the entire technology stack – network, storage, server, and applications
• Experience with authomation tools and scripting languages (Ansible, Terraform, Python, Powershell, Bash, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Working knowledge of DoD STIGSs and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
• US Citizenship required
• Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification strongly preferred
• Knowledge of server technologies and application stacks
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.