Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
The Valuation Team’s objective is to provide data driven analysis that directly influences leadership’s ability in making critical decisions. One of the ways they do this is by prototyping analytics that capture and generate metrics on data, that their data scientists can then use them for data analysis. They are also working on other Java analytics that would be specific in capturing different types of data beyond what the team does today. This includes data tagging, processing, visualization, and analytic development.
The successful candidate will have a broad based background in Java, Python and Data Science to assist the customer’s Data Scientists with implementing their analytics and get them to perform at scale. The software engineer will assist the team with migrating Jupyter Notebooks to Java and integrating them into the customer’s corporate architecture. Working with new data sources, correlation with other existing data sources is also part of this effort. This person will also help mentor junior staff in Data Science and programming concepts.
What you will like about this position…
•Developing answers to questions via Java and Python Map/Reduce and Spark.
•Opportunities to research and work with multiple platforms for development
•Working in a cohesive, small team environment
- At least five (5) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+), and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- At least two (2) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master's degree is a plus may substitute for an additional 2 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated Java Map/Reduce experience
- Strong Python experience
- Familiar with Data Science methodologies
- Experience retrieving data from corporate warehouses using Python and Java
- Knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiar with Tradecraft Suite and Notebook Gallery
- Knowledge of data flows within the customer architecture
- Experience with Gitlab, Maven, and Jenkins
- Work in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.