Leidos is looking for a strategic-thinking and talented Communications Manager to manage a task order for the DOJ Office of Justice Programs’ Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) and oversee the work activities of various communications functions such as content development and production, marketing, networking and outreach, and conferencing.
The Communications Manager works directly with the client to develop objectives, ideas, and needs. They will provide strategic direction and consult with clients to ensure communications are effective and align with the clients’ goals. The Communications Manager will liaison with OJJDP staff, researchers, and subject matter experts. The successful candidate stays abreast of industry standards and best practices in digital communications and will recommend innovations.
- Directing the coordination and management of project work with the client.
- Planning, directing, and monitoring the work of team members.
- Supervising an editorial team.
- Identifying and assigning staff for projects while managing project issues and roadblocks.
- Overseeing all aspects of performance including tracking budgets, schedules, deliverables, and contractual compliance.
- Reviewing completed work for style, accuracy, and effectiveness for target audiences.
- Overseeing the creation, maintenance and updating of procedures, style guides, branding guidelines, and templates.
- Ensuring consistency in the creative process and implementing workflow efficiencies.
- Providing direction on projects from inception through completion.
- Serving as the Government’s primary point of contact for all needs provided to the project.
Minimum Work History:
- Five years directly relevant supervisory or management background involving frequent and time-critical needs in the marketing, media, and public information service areas.
- Requires skill in managing projects with specific results and deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional oral and writing skills as well as outstanding systematic and problem-solving abilities.
At Leidos, we value and promote the well-being and mobility of our employees with exceptional benefit packages, complimentary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, all-encompassing and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
*This is a full-time remote position, but the candidate will be obligated to attend occasional meetings in person in Washington, D.C. and surrounding area.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.