Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Software Engineer to support an enterprise IT program. This position will work closely with the client to design, develop, test, integrate and deploy solutions for critical requirements. The current solution is at the end of life stage, therefore new solutions need to be developed and incorporated, utilizing new and innovative technologies utilized to successfully meet the user requirements. The client’s goal is to design and deliver an enterprise-level system with a modular, segmented architecture that can support both large scale and small scale solutions in order to meet the requirements across a broad range of applicable use cases. In order to support the technical requirements, the client requires Information Technology (IT) activities to achieve the goal of designing, developing, testing, integrating and deploying the solutions.
The Software Engineers will develop forward thinking solutions to ensure the lifecycle of the product is modular, readable, and maintainable and apply current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development. In this role you will:
- Complete the design, development, integration, and test of all software, to include algorithm software, applications, tools, web and portal systems,
- Enhance the software functionality based on evolving client needs and technology opportunities
- Provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment,
- Prepare and deliver program and user level documentation, software source code, and lessons learned,
- Provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the client, applying current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development
- Interact with members of the technical team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development,
- Communicate and share expertise within and across the client’s organizational boundaries and work both independently and in small groups.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Demonstrated experience analyzing software information
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing and documenting software,
- Demonstrated experience understanding the complete software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience with independently designing and implementing medium to large-sized software systems and components
- Demonstrated experience with design, develop, and implementation of multiple software components and systems
- Demonstrated experience communicating the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths, weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions
- Demonstrated experience with Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu and Debian
- Demonstrated experience in solving technical problems
- Demonstrated experience with network technology from the programmer’s perspective
- Demonstrated experience with cloud environments
- Demonstrated experience with NodeJS, GTK, React, Virtual Infrastructure, WireGuard, Cryptography, Gitlab, LDAP, Kerberos, and VPN
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.