1901 Group currently has an opening for Security Engineer in its Blacksburg, VA office.
As a Security Engineer, you will perform duties such as review existing architectures to plan, deploy, and enhance secure solutions to protect the data within the environment. Review existing security documentation and processes to provide areas of improvement. Provide investigation and remediation support to mitigate security threats and incidents. Work with various teams to ensure best practices regarding information security are understood, implemented, documented as systems are migrated from different environments. Review multiple cloud environments for weaknesses and improvements needed. Work with the team to integrate the security toolset with other systems to automate functions for incident response. Ensure systems adhere to relevant secure benchmarks. Manage multiple security tools within multiple environments
- Work within the team and provide recommendations for enhancing processes, tune SIEM rules, and assist with reviewing security events for incident response.
- Support a wide range of security tools in a multi-tenant environment.
- Provide Continuous tuning of existing security tools used for monitoring and analysis of security events of interest.
- Create incidents and support the investigation of security incidents to not only mitigate the current threat but also prevent future occurrences.
- Create, review, and update applicable control implementation statements within System Security Plans (SSP) with supporting statements and evidence.
- Document and track status of all findings within the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Work closely with other teams to support the incident management process in the event of security incidents.
- Support customer and team requests for data and artifacts from solutions such as AntiVirus, SIEM, IR processes, tickets, and vulnerability scans.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest tools, techniques, and processes used by cyber criminals.
- Be an escalation point within the team and work closely with other analysts and engineers as required.
- Work with various teams to improve integration of services to the security toolset.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, and 4+ of prior relevant experience.
- Must have at least 4 years of Cyber Security experience
- At least 3 years of experience deploying and managing Splunk infrastructure
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an agency security clearance prior to start
- Currently possess Security+
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Possess certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GCIA, or GCIH.
- Possess any of the following Splunk certifications: Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin, Splunk Cloud Certified Admin, or Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect.
- Strong understanding of best practices deploying and managing Splunk infrastructure.
- Experience managing Windows or Linux systems.
- Strong understanding of AWS & Azure Cloud Services.
- Experience utilizing Powershell or bash scripting to manage configurations on systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.