Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are seeking a Research Project Manager to join our team in Albany, OR. This work will involve managing the efforts of a multi-disciplinary, scientific, and technically-oriented national laboratory team that produces technological solutions for America’s energy challenges. From developing creative innovations and efficient energy systems, to advancing technologies that enhance oil and natural gas extraction and transmission processes, NETL research is providing breakthroughs and discoveries that support home-grown energy initiatives, stimulate a growing economy, and improve the health, safety, and security of all Americans. Highly skilled women and men at NETL’s three research sites – Albany, Oregon; Morgantown, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – conduct a broad range of research activities that support DOE’s mission to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the United States. Remote work is possible up to 25%.
Come join the Leidos Research Support Team supporting the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL), where you’ll be able to work side by side with world-class scientists and engineers supporting basic and applied research to discover, integrate, and mature technology solutions that enhance the nation’s energy foundation and protect the environment for future generations.. Explore the Research Support Services (RSS) contract for the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) here - https://netl.doe.gov/
Location: Candidates must be local to the Albany, OR area, as this position is onsite at the NETL campus in Albany, OR. Remote work is possible up to 25%.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Planning, organizing, securing, and managing technical resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives within a matrix organization.
- Ensuring that assigned projects are executed within scope, schedule, and budget constraints and at required quality following active customer communication.
- Tracking project spending and projections for each project with input provided by the financial and support groups.
- Interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel to coordinate timely execution of deliverables.
- Communicating with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other professional resources, etc.) to solve complex problems that require deliberate, thorough analysis.
- Communicating status of assigned projects to government customers.
- Working independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate risks for assigned projects.
- Possessing a working knowledge of policy, practices and procedures and conveying that knowledge to others within the organization.
- Identify, and work with research leaders to develop scope work plans, assign staff, and hire additional supports.
- Meet regularly with assigned staff to develop 5-year plans, follow up with annual goals, identify and foster areas of growth.
- Coordinate with other Project Managers to form new research connections for staff, thereby increasing flexibility for customer and team.
- Bachelors degree in the physical sciences and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters in the physical sciences with 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong skills in personnel and financial management, organization, communication, and conflict resolution.
- Experience in organizational coaching and transformational leadership with a growth mindset.
- Experience managing customer or client expectations.
- Prior supervisory leadership.
- Ability to learn and apply standard policies and procedures.
- Must be able to meet the requirements for gaining access to work on the NETL campus
- Experience coordinating the execution of complex research projects as part of a team.
- Experience in developing, leading and successfully executing scientific projects.
- PMP certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.