Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The roll provides Systems Administration support services for the DoD ABIS 24x7 Operations Team. This includes remote troubleshooting of servers; security administration, maintenance, and network management. This engineer should be well versed in Red Hat products such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Red Hat Virtualization, Identity Management , Ansible, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and server configuration.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Ability and willingness to operate in a shift-work environment.
- Open trouble tickets from calls and email, work as a team to resolve trouble tickets and calls regarding: Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of servers and peripherals.
- General systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting. Customer interaction is required in response to reported problems, defining requirements and data collection needs.
- Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary such as trouble ticket elevation to tier three support, and collaboration with development team to provide information and data for elevated trouble tickets.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues encountered by users.
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Update systems documentation
- Perform systems performance monitoring, systems availability monitoring and patching.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- High School Diploma & 1+ years of experience or Associate’s degree in IT related field.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, Red Hat and Windows operating systems.
- Track hardware locations and create trouble tickets.
- Fully proficient in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Must be able obtain Security + and environmental (Windows, CISCO, Red Hat) certifications as per DOD 8570 within 6 months of hire date.
- Must be able to obtain DOJ clearance to access the FBI Campus - CJIS Site, in Clarksville, WV.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Current IT security or technical certifications
- Red Hat / Linux experience
- Experience with AWS cloud services and automation
Pay Range:Pay Range $37,050.00 - $57,000.00 - $76,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.