Leidos is in search of a Software Engineer to assist with the design/modification of a requirement/ticket incident system. This position requires a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver to contribute to a team tasked with modifying and maintaining an existing system that supports the customer's organization. The candidate selected for this position will be someone who has the aptitude, enjoys tackling challenges and who can design/implement solutions without step-by-step instructions or strictly defined requirements. This work will be challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.
- Design, develop and maintain web applications and web services for the requirement system.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Work closely with other engineers, end-users and stakeholders to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Own the delivery of part of a system or application, and serve as the POC on various components of the system.
- Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph - Bachelor's degree and 8 years of software engineering experience is required. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with various web technologies and protocols (Apache web server, HTTP, etc.)
- Proven ability to accomplish assigned tasks with little supervision.
- Presentation skills and the ability to explain advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical team members
- Advanced knowledge of either Linux or Windows (or both) and scripting (Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell)
- Experience with BMC Remedy ITSM
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.