The primary function is to provide multi-discipline security support of the customer’s Special Access Programs (SAPs). The position will provide day-to-day security support and multi-discipline analysis for DoD, and SAP activities. The SAP Security Specialist will conduct administration, monitoring, and management of metrics for the Program Access Request (PAR) process, maintain access databases and all required personnel security documentation including access rosters and security files. Additionally, you will work independently and closely with senior specialists and brief senior leadership.
- Review, process and coordinate all incoming Program Access Requests (PAR)
- Assist in developing, coordinating, and maintaining Security Standard Operating Procedures that are reflective of the current operating environment and encompass processing in the Joint Access Database Environment (JADE).
- Ensure personnel processed for access to an SAP meet prerequisite for personnel security clearance and/or investigative requirements.
- Serves as the communication link between internal and external entities/organizations.
- Maintain all personnel security records and ensure records are current and in accordance with applicable personnel security requirements.
- Request PSQ updates annually for all personnel supporting special access programs.
- Prepare Program Indoctrination Agreements (PIA); Generate debrief PIAs, execute debriefs on behalf of the government security team.
- Conduct personnel security reviews in JADE database, and prepare corrective action plans.
- Review, edit, and create the SAP Security SOP Manual and maintain accuracy in accordance with all policies, directives, and instructions.
- Experience with Defense Information Security System, and Scattered Castles
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with ability to obtain CI Poly
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field and 7 years includes >2 years within DoD/IC
- Familiarity of SAP policies, procedures, and activities
- Introduction to Special Access Programs (SAPs) certification
- Special Program Security Certification (SPSC)
This position has a target range for compensation of 81,000 - 91,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.