Leidos is seeking full time Customer Service Specialists with mortgage origination background to join our Contact Center in our Indianapolis, Indiana office. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will make a difference in the lives of others, while expanding your knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage policies and procedures.
Our customer service specialists back the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single Family Housing in their mission to create strong, sustainable, comprehensive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, 401K, Life, AD&D, Voluntary Disability plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued based on Leidos policy, up to 3 weeks a year
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Ongoing training to promote your success
- Tuition reimbursement based on Leidos policy
- Discounted Leidos stock purchase and other Employee Discounts
- Voluntary overtime may be available based on business needs
- Ability to work remotely during the COVID pandemic and beyond based on job performance
As a Customer Service Specialist you will:
- Provide excellent customer service, answering a variety of calls and emails from the lending industry and the public on FHA guidelines and procedures
- Use your knowledge of the mortgage industry to locate answers in a knowledge database to acknowledge the client’s requests
- Follow standard operating procedures for various topics, systems, and contact channels
- Document all of your contacts in a database
- Keep up to date on FHA mortgage processes and procedures
To be a successful Customer Service Specialist, you will possess:
- The ability to navigate multiple computer systems and applications, and utilize search tools
- Excellent time management skills and dependability
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work the 8-hour closing shift, Monday through Friday between 11am to 8pm Eastern Time, based on business needs.
Requested Background and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two years of FHA loan origination work history (i.e. loan processor, junior underwriter, loan officer) plus an additional year of customer service or contact center background, or at least three years of loan origination working with conventional loans and/or other government-backed loans (i.e. FHA, USDA, VA)
- Will be able to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance, which includes a credit check and background investigation.
- Contact Center (omnichannel) work history
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), verbal and written
- FHA background
*This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage demands as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits."
** The pay range for this position varies by location and is typically between $20 to $24 per hour; actual rate may be higher based on work history and skills.**
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.