The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Manual Test Engineer to work at our Annapolis Junction location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
A Senior Manual Test Engineer is needed to perform component, integration, and system level testing by writing system-level test procedures, evaluating changes made to software applications, and to help correct defects discovered during development, testing, and/or operational use. The Test Engineer will be a member of the Manual Test team supporting a fast-paced dynamic software development program. The Manual Test team is part of a test organization that includes teams that automate regression tests and maintain our testing framework and infrastructure.
The selected individual will perform system testing of components (modules), and integration testing through system and end-to-end evaluation. They will provide development and implementation of test procedures and test reports and will support the software configuration management process. They must understand all software components and their interface requirements. The selected candidate will develop test data and define test acceptance criteria and will provide system testing expertise including knowledge of Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) and other test documentation, test plans, test methodologies, subsystem interface testing, and software module testing. They will assist the software development team and will be responsible for working collaboratively with the following groups: software development, system engineering, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
Security Clearance requirement:
- Must possess active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline and at least 12-15 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Must have experience testing through a full system development life cycle, including implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes.
- Must have experience participating in formal test events (Acceptance Test, User Acceptance Test, Software Final Release Test, Maintenance Release Test, etc.).
- Must have experience collaborating with software developers to create formal test procedures.
- Must have experience working in a test lab environment.
- Must have experience collecting, analyzing, presenting test results verbally and reporting test results in writing.
- Must have experience utilizing elevated privileges to setup and execute manual test procedures.
- Must have experience working in an agile team environment.
- Must have experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits.
- Must have experience testing systems from existing system and functional specifications.
- Strong communication skills; able to successfully communicate with management personnel, and technical personnel.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience using automated test tools.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (i.e., Java, shell, Python, etc).
SAFe® Agilist or DevOps certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.