Are you Ready?
Leidos Defense has a dynamic opportunity for a Microsoft SQL Database Administrator to work at our customer site at the National Maritime Intelligence Center, Suitland, MD.
Become a member of the team leading the way with database administration and engineering related support for elements within the National Maritime Intelligence Center and locations around the world. As a Database professional, you’ll be working with a team of forward thinking, innovative, and highly motivated System and Database Administrators dedicated to implementing and leveraging the latest capabilities of Database Engineering and Administration support. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, the position offers a schedule that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
What Will You Do
• Provide Database Engineering support to design, operate, maintain, optimize/tune, and document Microsoft SQL Database Systems.
• Isolate and resolve simple and complex database problems within the enterprise as well as design, installation, operation, application of security policies, vulnerability analysis and remediation, and the documentation of current database environment and any future changes.
• Work independently and across IT functional boundaries (other network administrators, system administrators, database administrators, etc.) with configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrade and system management of database components and other systems to maintain maximum operability to meet critical mission objectives.
• Provide database administration support in terms of installing, configuring, maintaining security, installing patches, and performing necessary upgrades to keep all network devices up-to-date and secure to include physical patching and software.
• Accountable for maintaining daily operations, monitoring, problem identification/resolution of server/systems, applications, operating systems and analyzing activity and performance ensuring system/application is providing optimum performance and availability.
• Perform re-accreditation actions such as DISA STIG review, system upgrades, vulnerability scan remediation, and documentation during the system’s accreditation cycle.
Your Areas of Knowledge & Expertise (job qualifications)
• Bachelor’s degree with 4 or more years of practical Database Administration experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Microsoft SQL Database Administration Experience (SQL 2012 or higher), to include design, development, maintenance, optimization, and operation.
• Experience with Microsoft Server environments (2012 or higher)
• Experience with Microsoft Office products to include Microsoft Visio
Security Clearance & Certifications Required
• A current DoD Top Secret/SCI
• CompTIA Security+ certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.