Do you have interest in using your GIS skills to support foundational GEOINT data production to the U.S. Government?! Want to work for a company that has core values of integrity, ethics, diversity and inclusion?! The Geospatial Solutions and Integration Portfolio (GISP) is seeking a Journeyman Geospatial Analyst (JGA) to support contracts centered on GEOINT data production for the DoD/IC to join a team of exceptional analysts, data scientists and engineers, working from home! The GISP provides geospatial intelligence support across a broad number of offices and agencies in the form of geospatial products, analysis, engineering and services. The opportunity is for a candidate with great technical experience and existing skillsets to support the creation of geospatial products that inform decision makers for analysis, planning, execution of and in theater operations for the Warfighter to ensure mission success. Leidos is a Fortune 500 company, offering competitive benefits, has great areas for career growth/development, and the position is work from home!
- Provide support in analysis of satellite imagery to perform Feature Data collection and Quality Control of geospatial Feature Data production products.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Access
- Must have technical and leadership abilities and be able to demonstrate such skills.
- Must have ArcMap/Pro experience, be familiar with reading cartographic products, photo interpretation, and Feature Data products
- Feature Data (preference to any of these: TDS, GGDM, UFD, GIFD, DFEG, TFEG, MGCP TRD, MUVD, FACC (Feature Data schemas)) experience performing feature extraction, photo interpretation
- Working knowledge of AFFIF/DVOF/Geonames and Quality Control of them over imagery
- Proficiency with GAIT
- Ability to train staff on GIS fundamentals
- Adapt quickly to new tools and provide ideas for new data processing tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or related field or equivalent and 3-6 years of experience
- US Citizen
- Experience in reviewing data schemas and/or developing schemas/databases
- Python, C# or Java
- Experience with databases such as Postgresql or SpatiaLite
- Experience with generating mapping tables to convert data from one schema/format to another
This position has a target range for compensation of $60,000 to $70,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.