Are you looking for your next “great mission” professionally? Do you feel like you have more to give, want to learn new skills and be part of a team with a rewarding mission? Leidos has the perfect job for you!
The BEST and BRIGHTEST come to Leidos, where we take pride in making a difference for every person we support! Leidos offers great benefits: competitive PTO packages, 10 paid federal holidays, flexible schedules, college tuition and technical certification assistance, on the job training support, paid parental leave, paid disability leave AND an incredible internal/external referral bonus program that rewards you for knowing and sharing great talent with us!
As part of the Leidos team as a Network Specialist, you will provide support at a customer site in Fort Belvoir, VA to ensure that customer site networks operate effectively. This position supports the network infrastructure through troubleshooting and problem resolution in a production environment. Provides daily operational support for LAN/WAN networks, including firewalls while planning, installing, and supporting hardware and software upgrades.
The successful candidate will be required to resolve technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels of the OSI model through diagnostics and utilizing network administration tools such as and Tivoli. Qualified candidates will possess experience with Management Information Blocks (MIB) and MRTG to measure, plan and execute methodologies ensuring high performance levels and minimum downtime. You will also be responsible for maintaining LAN – WAN barrier systems to prevent unauthorized access to MTF systems.
To meet the requirements for this position, the Network Specialist must be familiar with:
- Cisco Devices
- Cisco Switches
- Port Security
- Cisco IOS, CLI
- VPN devices and IDSs
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Respond to ticket requests for network related issues.
- Using diagnostic utilities to identify and isolate problems encountered on different mediums and network protocols, find specific network bottlenecks, evaluate problems and implement fix actions through device reconfiguration or replacement depending on the circumstances.
- Possess a clear understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, network switches.
- Be able to address issues related to synchronous and asynchronous communications, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet communications.
- Possess experience in routed, switched and shared LAN environments that operate various routers, switches, hubs as well as various local and WAN connectivity.
- Act as POC and SME for Medical Network administration at the hospital.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Sciences and 1 years related experience; or successful completion of a certified technical/vocational school and 2 years related experience
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver.
- Be able to communicate to all levels of leadership.
- Hold a current DoD Security Clearance (Minimum Public Trust)
- Successful crossover of current Security Clearance
- Meet the DOD 8570 certification requirement by obtaining and verifying your Security+ certification prior to your start date
- Must attain Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) within 3 months
HOW TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD:
- Experience and skills shall include a range of assignments in technical tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility. Expertise in Windows networks, Cisco Systems.
- Certifications aligned to site network architecture: Security+ and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent (i.e., BCNE for Brocade, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.