The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, energetic, and resourceful engineer to fill the position of Cameo Modeler Systems Engineer. Leidos MSD develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies, and commercial clients. This is an opportunity to assist in the development, demonstration, and production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems as well as integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms.
This position is a member of a small, well-connected, and dynamic team that is responsible for providing the core competency for MBSE, MBSE processes, and No Magic’s Cameo Systems Modeler (CSM) and other MBSE Tool Suites. This candidate is expected to be hands-on within the model and MBSE tools. The effective candidate will create, mature, and maintain Service-level and System-level Requirements within CSM by following a structured process. This includes using the CSM tool to create all relevant Derived, Refined, Verified, and Satisfied relationships to the other elements. The Candidate will also use CSM to build abstract, logical High-Level Design (HLD) architecture of the System as well as implementation-specific, physical, detailed Low-Level Design architecture of the Solution. To build and maintain the Requirements and Architecture, the successful Candidate will need to engage and collaborate directly with Leidos Domain Architects and other Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) regularly to ensure that the model is accurate.
This position will have flexible hours throughout the year. It could also require travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other Leidos facilities and government facilities in multiple locations across the United States and possibly the United Kingdom. Initial focus will be supporting various US Navy programs.
- Develop models of system requirements, architecture/design, interfaces, behavior, and simulations using CSM suite.
- Develop and manage the System model to support technical analyses for system elements. Develop technical solutions, prepare trade studies, and decompose the solution into system-level requirements.
- Create, maintain, and deliver accurate and robust Requirement Traceability Matrices, within the CSM Model, that meet the Governance Team standards, while also initiating and curating informal and formal peer-reviews with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the published deliverable meets the SMIT standards for rigor and accuracy.
- Provide foundational patterns and cross-cutting model elements to support creation of “to-be” models to capture the structure, behavior, and configuration settings that help assess the impacts/implications of change.
- Translate systems engineering processes from traditional document-based system engineering efforts to delivery of model-based work products to customers as required.
- Be an ambassador for MBSE by being able to speak to the benefits of this approach.
- Collaborate and coordinate with external customers, management, subcontractors, vendors, and other engineering disciplines.
- Provide support for scientific measurements and verification/validation activities in a lab, in the field, or at sea.
- Assist in producing detailed test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Produce and review detailed test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret-level security clearance, US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Degree, or related Engineering discipline from an accredited college or University program with 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) practices.
- Experience applying Systems Engineering methods, tools, and frameworks to develop rigorous specifications and designs of commercial and/or DoD systems/components.
- Able to synthesize knowledge from multiple domains to apply to new, complicated problems.
- Experience working in large enterprise operations environments that include identification, development, analysis of enterprise IT activities, solutions/risk mitigations, artifacts, and migrations.
- Experience applying systems engineering fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
- Experience in collaborating with other enterprise technologists both internal and external to resolve complex technical issues.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering tools such as: No Magic’s Cameo Systems Modeler, Collaborator, Teamwork Cloud, SysML.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and remotely in a team environment, must be able to work independently to develop innovative modeling approaches and optimizations.
- Communication skills in leading discussions and interacting with Government customers, colleagues, and senior leadership.
- Willingness to travel
- Top-secret clearance preferred but not required.
- Targeted MBSE or CSM certifications or training
- Defense industry Systems Engineering experience.
- Electronic/Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering experience.
- PLC Experience
- Experience with Reliability software tools, Atlassian JIRA, ExtendSim or another Discrete Event Simulator, and/or Product Lifecycle Management Tools.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.