Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Window Server Systems Administrator at Scott AFB, IL. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to begin work on this program and must be eligible to obtain a Top Secret Clearance per customer requirement.
Sr. Window Server Systems Administrator in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL. DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD), and national security organizations. The candidate will maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems running Windows Server OS but includes also includes both Solaris and Linux servers on a global network management system.
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation for standard systems operating procedures to be used across the enterprise.
- Develop, implement, and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Analyze available hardware and software from outside vendors and make recommendation for purchase and installation of cost effective solutions.
- Review work performed by lower level technical staff.
- Work both independently as well as in coordination with network administrators to maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer system.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience with a Windows servers environment (e.g. 2008r2 and 2012r2). Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and experience in other languages like Python.
- Experience with application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Experience with Group Policy Management (GPO) and applying Local Security Policies
- Experience with Windows Task Scheduler
- Experience Managing Active Directory
- Experience with System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining VMware environments.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
- Experience with support systems to include enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Linux OS experience.
- Solaris OS experience.
- Experience working with virtual environments.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.