Leidos is seeking an Application Developer to assist with applying technical resources to accelerate the timely, reliable, and secure delivery of open source data, information, and insights. The customer requires support to develop and deliver a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for a new subsystem within the ecosystem of an existing big data exploitation platform. The job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work within an agile team environment.
- Writing, testing, and debugging custom application code; developing a database backend; and performing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes to populate the database with existing data.
- Work closely with the Customer’s product owner to deliver user stories necessary to realize product vision. The Customer anticipates requiring a surge of approximately 26 two-week sprints to develop the MVP. At this time, the Customer does not require ongoing support after the MVP is delivered.
- Apply an agile approach to software development consistent with the Sponsor’s project management and software development frameworks with a focus on demonstrating and delivering releasable software every iteration.
- Work closely with the existing application team to apply design standards and consistency and address any security vulnerabilities uncovered during the development and test phases.
- Maintain all source code in the Sponsor-wide, remote Git repository.
- Apply industry best practices (such as, but not specifically Test Driven Development) for ensuring custom application code is comprehensively tested.
- Administer and maintain relational and non-relational database systems within the application security boundary.
- Perform data cleaning and formatting for ingested data ensuring they meet quality and content management standards.
- Build and maintain modern cloud based platforms.
- Develop and maintain applications using a modern front end stack such as Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- Develop and maintain applications using a modern server-side stack such as Express, Python, or serverless technologies.
- Experience developing and maintaining applications using modern NoSQL and SQL-based back-end database technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, or MySQL.
- Develop software in a DevSecOps environment.
- Attend bi-weekly Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings in person at the Customer location.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining modern cloud based platforms.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining applications using a modern front end stack such as Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining applications using modern server-side stacks such as Express, Python, or serverless technologies.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining applications using modern NoSQL and SQL-based back-end database technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, or MySQL.
- Demonstrated experience developing software in a DevSecOps environment.
- Demonstrated experience with modern system architecture patterns, such as event-driven, microservices and MVC architectures.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines with automated testing and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience using Git as a source code repository.
- Demonstrated experience performing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) operations on existing data sets to populate a new data model.
- Demonstrated experience with D3.js or OpenLayers 3.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.