Come join one of our high performing teams responsible for building the next-generation enterprise APIs and modern applications to modernize the speed at which business is done. We serve the Social Security Administration (SSA) and their mission to meet the changing needs of the public, positively impacting at least 65 million American lives per month. Be part of the mission solution and help lead SSA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. We are a team of forward-looking professionals in need of a strong candidate with these key required skills: Modern software development (Java EE with SpringBoot, Python, Golang, C# with .Net Core), DevOps (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes), relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle) and SOA/Microservice Architecture.
Do you have most of these key required skills, education, or experience? Do you want to learn more about our current on-going telework posture? Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting our SSA contracts in Woodlawn, Maryland.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Masters or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- 7+ years of experience of modern software development (Java EE with SpringBoot, Python, Golang, C# with .Net Core) experience with a solid understanding of designing, building, deploying, and running applications
- 4+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/RESTful web service
- 2+ years of combined hands-on experience building/developing CI/CD pipelines and using Red Hat OpenShift/Kubernetes and containers
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Excellent knowledge with Java EE, Java generics, and concurrent programming
- Solid understanding of DevOps and toolset (Git/Bitbucket, Container development, Jenkins, SonarQube)
- Excellent experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Batch, Cloud, Security, and Data)
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, and Karma/Jasmine)
- Solid knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, and Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, and Spring JDBC)
- Solid experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift/Kubernetes and Docker containers
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills)
Showcase your knowledge of modern development using data streaming and event-based architecture through the following experience or skills:
- Experience developing IBM Fuse, Apache Camel, and SpringBoot routes
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Preferred knowledge of latest DevOps trends/best practices
- Preferred experience with API development & monitoring tools (Postman, Ready API, Swagger, Splunk, Dynatrace)
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms and PaaS
- AWS cloud certifications
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams and contribute to our communities. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Develop, design, code, and implement next-generation deployment automation using system/software engineering best practices and the latest technologies:
- Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, UrbanCode, Helm Charts, ArgoCD, Skopeo)
- Enterprise Integration (IBM Fuse, Apache Camel, and SpringBoot Routes)
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, Java enterprise services, service oriented architectures (SOA), security, business process management/business rules processing, CI/CD pipeline and containerization, user experience (UX) and accessibility (Section 508/WCAG/USDS Web Standards)
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component: front-end, business logic, middleware, or database (PL/SQL and Data Modeling).
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field with 7+ years of experience
- Masters or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today! ITSSCII
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.