Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join our team in the Intelligence Group. This individual will oversee a diverse portfolio of contracts aligned to our Mission Solutions Operation. The ideal candidate will have experience providing cradle-to-grave contract administration for various types of cost reimbursement and fixed price contracts; including RFP analysis, hands-on proposal development, coordination of appropriate internal reviews, contract negotiation, and contract/task order administration and execution. Superb written and oral communication skills are a must, as the ability to foster strong internal and external customer relationships will be essential to the candidate’s success.
The primary location for this position will be in Reston, VA, with the potential for 25% telework. Some local travel to customer site is required.
- Responsible for the overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws.
- Work closely with the functional team with the objective of becoming a trusted adviser by achieving day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Multi-task and prioritize work activities in a fast-paced environment and effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Managing Leidos’ contractual risk through negotiation and action.
- Building a cooperative and professional relationship with our customers’ contracting officers and Leidos program teams.
- Maintain and ensure that program teams maintain adequate documentation to support compliance with contractual requirements, company policy and procedure, and applicable laws.
- A bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of experience or a master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- General experience in Contract Administration may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting: Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and General Service Administration (GSA) type contracts.
- Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and work independently as well as part of a Team.
- The Candidate must be proficient with Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- The Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills to include well developed analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures
- TS/SCI w/Polygraph
- Strong knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations and Supplement.
- Strong understanding of GSA, GWACs, and other multi-award and IDIQ vehicles
- Strong knowledge of IC Acquisitions and Regulations
- Completion of formal contracting coursework or certification.
- Success in supporting large capture teams for complicated multi-year programs.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating complex contractual issues on active contracts.
- Experience with software and system development programs, including agile development.
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.