Leidos is seeking Network Engineers with junior level to senior level experience to support an expected contract award. The contract award will be announced in the near future. The job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide network engineering, deployment, O&M, and procurement support to multiple government customers. This position entails regular coordination/interaction with telco providers, vendors, and other contractors, and draws upon working knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, from data circuit architectures such as SONET/DWDM, TDM and Ethernet, to networking equipment such as Cisco routers/switches, and both commercial and government encryption hardware/software.
- Participate in the helpdesk support for multiple nationwide customer networks with issues pertaining to connectivity, client/server, VoIP and VTC. Serve as alternate COMSEC custodian for multiple accounts.
- Responsibilities will include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies. Resolving network related technical problems while applying technical skillset. Working with a team of highly skilled technical leads for recommending, implementing and monitoring of technical solutions from concept to actual deployment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer, peers and executive leadership where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- TS/SCI with polygraph is required on day 1
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Ethernet and IP LAN design, configuration and maintenance
- SONET based WAN design, configuration and maintenance
- BGP and MPLS design, configuration and maintenance
- Configuration and maintenance of Type 1 Cryptographic systems
- Installation and maintenance of the preceding technologies at multiple distributed locations.
- System auditing and monitoring with tools such as Solarwinds, Splunk or equivalent
- Enterprise level Cisco network devices
- Demonstrated experience briefing and collaborating with Customers on the results of troubleshooting efforts and standup of operational networks.
- Demonstrated experience building evolving, and documenting enterprise like network environment
- Demonstrated experience procuring and delivering products to Sponsor for a program of similar scope and complexity
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.