Leidos is seeking System Administrators with varying levels of experience to help support an expected contract award. The contract will be awarded in the near future. The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports the operations and maintenance of a large multiple hosting environments across multiple datacenters.
- Maintain the hardware and software systems as well as monitor the virtual infrastructure to ensure availability, reliability, and performance.
- Working with customers to define and document requirements, support customer needs by responding to tickets, implement complex permissions to segregate tenants, periodically test recovery operations, create and destroy virtual machines, add/remove/recap hosts, replace failed hardware, and other related tasks. This position has the potential to operate in a 12 hour shift (6AM to 6PM or 6PM to 6AM, 3/4 days per week, including weekends and holidays).
- Provide technical support to mission-targeted infrastructures. Responsibilities include the operations and maintenance (O&M) of telephone systems, network architectures (both LAN and WAN), and customer specific applications. Support systems analysis by use of log files and system output to assist in determining where and why failures happen. Assist in the development and enhancement of monitoring tools. Support Tier 1 troubleshooting and problem solving using on-the-job experience, documentation (SOPs), knowledge bases, and deployed network and IT management tools. In addition to service desk related work activities, the candidate may be requested to process routine customer work orders (adding routes, adding system accounts, etc.)
- Analyze official customer traffic for requirements for services for accounts
- Create, delete, review and manage/update user accounts
- Analyze trends, using both raw data and established metrics
- Create documentation as requested in support of user accounts
Interface with the customer in support of requirements gathering efforts
- Provide ad hoc training support
- Maintain/update user accounts in the customer’s database
- Perform data input, data collection and research; retrieve information or documents from the customer databases as well as the internet
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education.
- Related IT experience supporting Windows and or Linux Environments
- TS/SCI with polygraph is required day 1
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.