Are you passionate about reversing roadway fatality trends by leveraging the principles of the Safe System Approach, using new types of data and emerging transportation technologies, and uniting stakeholders to realize the ultimate vision of zero roadway fatalities? Do your talents lend themselves to help state and local agencies apply innovative safety strategies that achieve Safe System objectives while leveraging your communication and logical problem-solving expertise? Consider joining the Leidos Surface Transportation Solutions team.
The Leidos Surface Transportation Solutions (STS) Portfolio is seeking an accomplished leader in roadway safety to serve as the Transportation Safety Principal Investigator & Growth Manager to support and guide our technical work and business development efforts with the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and state and local transportation agencies.
The Transportation Safety Principal Investigator & Growth Manager will be accountable for directing Leidos’ practice in roadway safety implementation and R&D as well as growing STS’ business into state and local transportation markets. This role requires motivation, vision, and a desire to grow and shape the Portfolio’s transportation safety offerings to achieve sustained growth. The successful candidate will be expected to direct business development efforts by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, identifying opportunities that present a high likelihood of successful capture for the Portfolio; bringing together skilled teams to develop winning proposals, and providing technical expertise and oversight on project execution. The ability and desire to collaborate with other groups and programs within the Portfolio and throughout Leidos is also a fundamental element in our collective success. This role may require occasional travel to project and customer sites and conferences within the United States.
The incumbent will also have demonstrated broad leadership capabilities, including:
- Procuring new transportation safety business at the federal, state, and/or local levels.
- Developing and sustaining strong partnerships with clients, teaming partners, and others to cultivate an inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Maintaining a network of potential clients and expert colleagues throughout the industry as well as a proven ability to tap this network to grow business.
- Background in assembling teams of experts to develop proposals and capture new business.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to constructively manage diverse teams of subject matter experts and nationally known thought leaders.
- The ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally—on any given day, you will work with technical teams, proposal teams, other business area leads, and clients.
- Eagerness to apply creativity, curiosity, and resourcefulness across all functions of this role.
The successful candidate will also have proven technical competency in:
- Conducting analyses based on Highway Safety Manual methodologies as well as other approaches to assessing safety benefits, costs, and investment impacts.
- Developing data-focused recommendations and guidance for implementing roadway safety improvements.
- Preparing outreach products, guidance, and educational materials on roadway safety topics for an array technical, public, and decisionmaker audiences.
- Directing and conducting research, planning, and implementation of safety project as a practitioner at a federal, state, or local transportation agency—subject matter expertise in safe systems, vulnerable road user safety, or complete streets is a plus.
- Guiding implementation of safety projects.
- A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (focus in Transportation is a plus), Transportation Planning, Systems Engineering, or similarly applicable field, and 10+ years of related experience as a proven leader in the surface transportation industry.
- Washington, DC
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.