Reporting to the Leidos SCARS Program Manager, the Information Systems Security Manager - ISSM will be the lead cyber security engineer for the program. The position may require travel to sites both CONUS and OCONUS. The ISSM will ensure implementation of security features for the Security Operations Center (SOC) and On-Premises Equipment (OPE) systems and support analysis for external USAF training systems. The ISSM will also ensure the SCARS information systems are compliant to USAF and DoD guidance. The ISSM supports and upholds the Information Assurance program for Information Systems within the SCARS enterprise. The ISSM constructs and implements system information security standards and procedures, ensuring functionality and security of SCARS and other USAF Information Systems. The ISSM works with the ISSE to develop documentation and the body of evidence for the authorization packages.
- Lead cyber engineering staff to achieve a high degree of customer satisfaction by achieving and maintaining ATOs and high performance on cybersecurity
- Support the PM in organizational compliance with Leidos policies and procedures
- Oversees Information Assurance and Risk Management Framework processes and performs duties as ISSM for the SCARS program
- Monitor all available resources that provide warnings of system vulnerabilities or ongoing attacks
- Coordinates with personnel on system security compliance and Information System Authority to Operate
- Ensure Configuration management policies and procedures for authorizing the use of hardware/software on an IS are followed
- Coordinate Information Security Reviews, Security Inspections, and Tests
- Assesses system security threats/risks
- Validates system security requirements definitions and analysis
- Assists with assessment and authorization process as needed
- Tracks and validates security incidents and may be required to investigate, document, report, and provide future protective and corrective measures in response to such incidents
- Ensure proper measures are taken when a incident or vulnerability is discovered
- Leads Leadership Briefings on system security compliance and Information System Authority to Operate (ATO) compliance, expiration and actions
- Implements the Risk Management Framework (RMF) methodology to successfully implement an information technology process which shall effectively protect the element's information assets and its ability to perform its mission
- Populates and maintains RMF databases (XACTA, eMass) with bodies of evidence to support system accreditation actions
- Collaborates with the Program Managers, AF Intelligence Community Information Assurance Program Managers, ISSOs and configuration managers to maintain an effective risk assessment process
- Ensures data stewardship (confidentiality, integrity, and availability) is established for each IS, and specific requirements are enforced
- Supports drafting and submitting Cybersecurity Impact Evaluations (CIE)
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM discipline preferred, with proven track record of performing technical management of DoD programs
- Good Understanding of what is needed to implement modern cyber security, networks, cloud architecture and DevSecOps
- A minimum of ten (10+) years of relevant experience in information system security management
- A minimum of four (4) years of team leadership experience, working with distributed organizations and a demonstrated record of leading and managing an organization
- Secret clearance with TS//SCI eligibility
- CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Proven understanding, implementation, and management of RMF and the DOD ATO process
- Hands-on knowledge and management of packages in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) system
- Hands-on knowledge and implementation of the USAF Cybersecurity Impact Evaluation (CIE) process
- Demonstrated experience to effectively engage a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization
- Ability to gain internal consensus support; operate independently; conceive new and innovative ideas and solutions; predicting potential outcomes, and determine which alternative course of action to follow
- Ability to establish positive, constructive relationships with technical and functional staff, managers, and peers within the Operation, Group, and across Leidos organizations
- Prior experience of collaboration efforts outside the immediate organization
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Current work relationships within Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS), USAF Life Cycle Mgt Center - WNS organization
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growth
- DMO experience
- DISA Network experience
- Experience supporting Air Force training systems
- Knowledge of USAF policies and procedures relating to information technology
- Experience working with cloud computing and infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.