Leidos is seeking Agile Team Leader with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program. The Leidos team will be part of an exciting DevOps approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality. The candidate will have the opportunity to transform an existing program into a functioning Agile team over time. You will train and coach multiple teams and associated stakeholders in Agile principles and best practices within the context of software application development work streams. Applicant will provide guidance and training around the creation and ongoing maintenance of backlogs, artifacts, tracking and reporting metrics as well as facilitating team events as required. This is a strategic position, working across all levels of management and personnel. This position requires working effectively across teams of contractors, subcontractors and Sponsor.
- Establishes new Agile teams and provides interactive initial and ongoing coaching to stakeholder and teams
- Coaches teams & leaders on the mindset change required to transform their existing development practices to follow agile methodologies.
- Assesses the Agile Maturity of the teams and coaches to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable.
- Conducts ongoing evaluations to ensure the effectiveness of Agile programs and recommends complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as necessary.
- Facilitates classroom/workshop training for professional levels through management of Agile frameworks, competencies, and frameworks.
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with internal/external stakeholders to address Agile knowledge gaps to support Agile effectiveness
- Works with teams to become effective and efficient in their use of Agile practices
Helps teams to adopt and improve agile methods and practices.
- Applies lean thinking to team specific issues to bring a holistic approach.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate effectively with the teams and individuals that they are coaching/training to build trust.
- On-boards new teams adopting agile practices such as Scrum, SAFe, etc.
- Cultivates the capabilities of each team member in their specific roles and enable them to deliver customer value rapidly.
- Drives the required cultural transformation in adopting the new way of working i.e agile development methodologies.
- Participates and contributes actively to continuously evolve processes to align to enterprise agile transformation strategy.
- Former experience as Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Must have an active TS/SCI w/ Poly
- Prior experience leading Agile processes with programs of similar size and complexity
- Experience with the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s mission
- BS/BA degree with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with leading teams throught the Agile transformation process
- Ability to lead others and clearly convey complex concepts
- Familiar with Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe.
- Experience identifying opportunities for customized coaching then developing and delivering successful Agile coaching.
- Current experience with common Agile tools, such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Current Scrum Master certification(s) and experience developing and executing Agile projects.
- Experience with system requirements, development, test, release management, and project scheduling- Experience with software development, integration, and maintenance
- CSP, PMI-ACP, SPC, or other advanced Agile credential
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.