Leidos is seeking a broadly experienced Chief Solutions Architect to support a contract to manage multiple concurrent tasks to support technical leadership for delivering an innovative products or a combincation of products and services with new engineering and technical refresh, new system improvement and modernization activities, and other major changes. The successful candidate will be the lead technical person on the program and expected to advise and guide the technical staff in current and new technology and solutions and how they can be applied to both current “as built” configuration changes as well as integrated into the Customer’s modernization plan. The candidate will support development of innovative approaches, solutions and architecture development.
- Communicate and interface with Customers, Leidos Program Management, Technical leads and Subject Matter Experts to provide Program status and to jointly present, lead, and work program issues, and technical solutions.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic program goals.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products in support of functional strategy and operations.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Ensure that assessment of new performance work requests include all stakeholders, are properly sized, and submitted on time to the customer.
- Provide engineering and technical expertise on all issues, performance work requests, system improvement efforts, and operations and maintenance activities.
- Collaborates with customer, stakeholders, and integrator team members to bring solution options and drive decisions on the way ahead to meet customer needs
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Leidos partners, key vendors, and within Leidos to seek, qualify and leverage the best ideas, solutions and models to meet customer needs.
- Provide use case definitions, capability roadmaps, and overarching guidance
- Analyze data processing problems
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems
- Recommend software products and other solutions to the customer.
- Architecture Definition, Documentation and Planning
- Develop and review architectural documentation
- Perform requirements analysis, development, and management
- Project management and communication
- Typically requires MS degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience, years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Understand the relationship between applications, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience in total system design, including networks
- AWS experience
- Process improvement experience
- Prior experience developing and deploying solutions to customer requirements
- Knowledge and experience with Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Knowledge of security principles, policy and regulations
- Certification - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Doctorate in technical domain
- Current Microsoft and Cisco certifications
- Understanding of current cybersecurity technologies and emerging capabilities
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.