Leidos is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer to support a technical development program. This position will work closely with the client to design, develop, test, integrate and deploy solutions for critical requirements. The Software Engineers will develop forward thinking solutions to ensure the lifecycle of the product is modular, readable, and maintainable and apply current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development The Software Engineer will work with a team of developers, data engineers, testers and Product Owners.
- This role provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
- Support the development of enterprise software solutions within AWS. Duties include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past-experience.
- This role provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams working with the strategic guidance from the Cloud Engineering Lead.
- Serve as the Leidos principal Cloud and IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of the mission requirements and enhance overall system security, performance, and availability
- Complete the design, development, integration, and test of all software, to include algorithm software, applications, tools, web and portal systems,
- Provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment,
- Provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the client, applying current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development
- Interact with members of the technical team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development,
- Communicate and share expertise within and across the client’s organizational boundaries and work both independently and in small groups.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant, experience in lieu of degree
- Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies and infrastructure -as-code concepts.
- Understanding of aspects of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS
- Expert experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies (Azure DevOPs, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and Junit.
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management life cycle deliverables.
- Minimum of one AWS Certification from the AWS Associate level (AWS Certified Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate)
- Prior experience reading and developing solutions to customer requirements
- Two or more AWS Certifications from the AWS Associate Level or AWS Professional Level: AWS Certified Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
- One AWS Certification from the AWS Professional level or Specialty Domain
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.