Leidos is hiring a Senior Oracle APEX Developer on the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate and will focus on making sure that the customer’s needs are met quickly and effectively. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements and mission needs, and then be able to translate them into actions.
Location: This position is required to be onsite 2 days a week in Washington, DC metro area at one of the primary customer (CRM) locations. The other 3 days are worked remotely from home.
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer. This process is currently taking 10+ weeks.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The tasks required for this position include:
- Work at the direction of the program manager to support the full lifecycle development of custom Oracle Applications, primarily using the Oracle APEX toolset.
- Perform advanced use of Oracle APEX 4.0 and above.
- Perform work with Oracle Integrated Development Environments such as Quest Toad and Oracle SQL Developer.
- Create dynamic reports within the Oracle APEX environment. Provide support in the advanced use of Oracle Database products version 11 and above.
- Provide support Oracle database objects – tables, indexes, directories, sequences, triggers, etc.
- Provide support with PL/SQL, Java, Windows PowerShell, and Unix shell scripting with familiarity with built-in PLSQL packages and procedures.
- Provide support with storage, efficient retrieval, and manipulation of unstructured data (BLOBs, CLOBs, JSON, XMLType) in an Oracle environment.
- Integrate and manage BI Publisher templates and web Services.
- Successfully deliver enterprise level workflow centric applications.
- Build logical functions and algorithms to automate business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years experience. A High School diploma with additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance
- Experience with secure network programming in an Oracle environment; use of security certificates, HTTPS callouts, etc.
- Experience with full lifecycle development of custom Oracle Applications, including the Oracle APEX toolset
- Experience with use of Oracle Integrated Development Environments such as Quest Toad and Oracle SQL Developer
- Experience with PL/SQL, Java, Windows PowerShell, and Unix shell scripting with familiarity with built-in PLSQL packages and procedures
- Experience with storage, efficient retrieval, and manipulation of unstructured data (BLOBs, CLOBs, JSON, XMLType) in an Oracle environment
- Experience establishing goals and meeting project plan objectives
- Must be able to write and maintain system documentation on work products
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Agile development experience
- Customer interface experience
- Experience with Oracle Database products version 11 and above
- Experience with Oracle Forms and Reports version 10G or higher
- Experience with Oracle APEX 4.0 and above
- Experience troubleshooting operational issues
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- Current DOJ Clearance
Salary Range for this position: $145K to $160K
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.