Leidos has an opening for an experienced and self-starting scientific ASW Analyst and Project Lead in the High-Fidelity Simulation business area, located at a US Government facility in Bethesda, MD; to support the development and delivery of synthetic training systems and tactical decision aids systems.
The candidate manages the delivery of Sonar Tactical Decision Aids (TDAs) for the US Navy with a focus on Sonar Tactical Decision Aid (STDA) for Advanced Processor Build (APB) systems along related components. Candidate supports the development and testing of STDA, within a matrix organization, that are used onboard submarines. Candidate’s responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing the delivery of STDA requirements working with an Integrated Product Team.
- Participating in activities necessary to the delivery acoustic STDA capabilities. These activities include one or more of the following: Requirements Definition, Funding Requirements; Analysis and Engineering; System Analysis and Design; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System and Operational Performance Analysis; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
- Communicating the status of the deliverable to program management and government customer(s) within an agile development framework.
- Conducting integration testing of STDA products to verify the quality of deliverables.
- Communicating with system integrators during the evaluation and testing of STDA capabilities.
- Communicating requirements to system engineers within the matrix organization to establish Engineering Data Models (EDMs) to facilitate testing at NSWCCD.
- Interacting with internal developers; as well as external tactical development team members, military personnel, and civilian DoD customers, to ensure that STDA requirements are captured and designed into the system.
- Fifteen years of experience directly related to ASW operations, systems, and theory; including approximately 12 years of fleet experience related to the evaluations, operation, or utilization at-sea sonar systems (e.g., BQQ-10, SQQ-89, etc.)
- Must have subject matter expertise in at least one of the following subject areas: sonar system operation, underwater acoustics, underwater sound propagation, or tactical oceanography.
- Must demonstrate the ability to guide a team in the completion of a project.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines.
- Must demonstrate an ability to learn and apply new skills, a commitment to excellence, and a dedication to producing quality work results.
- Must be comfortable communicating with software developers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.