The Maritime System Division (MSD) of Leidos’ develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. MSD is currently seeking a qualified, energetic technical leader to fill the position of Manufacturing Line Manager, to lead the development, demonstration and production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems, and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production. Position will require regular travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other Leidos facilities, in multiple locations across the United States.
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing state of the art signal processing technologies and hardware/software systems for C4ISR including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of novel physical insights translated into advanced signal processing solutions and applied to the full range of maritime missions. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with an outstanding group of engineers and technologists located in Long Beach MS. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development and will support production of advanced electronic systems for the Department of Defense.
- Provides overall program leadership for Production Management of complex, high-reliability ocean hardware/software systems within an ISO 90001 environment. Satisfies customer requirements with innovative, cost-effective, reliable solutions that appropriately leverage advanced technologies and are suitable for production in support of an U.S. Air Force Program
- Overall responsibility for production and planning for LRIP and/or FRP system production programs, including risk management, cost analysis, and performance.
- Supervision of production staff through full all phases of the production life cycle activities
- Technical compliance in accordance with contract specifications
- Subcontractor and supplier direction and oversight
- Support business-wide financial and staff planning
- Collaborate with MSD managers and other technical leads to support capture and relative business development activities
- Work with functional staff to administer and communicate Leidos policies and procedures
- Implements system engineering processes within the program consistent with company and ISO-9001 standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering Technology, or other related discipline. 10+ years’ total experience, with at least 5 years of experience managing production and development of complex systems
- Ability to achieve high customer satisfaction within cost and schedule on manufacturing of build-to-print projects
- Experience managing program execution in an ISO-9001 certified processes
- Strong customer focus, ability to lead a team, and establish strong, collaborative working relationships with government customers, technical staff, senior managers, and peers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess an active SECRET Security clearance or the ability to get a clearance
- Understanding of Lean Methodologies/ Elimination of waste.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution ability.
- Master’s degree in Industrial, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering Technology
- Experience interfacing and presenting to Navy or Air Force customers
- Ability to use metrics to critically assess organization, measure performance, and take corrective action.
- Schedule management experience, ability to multitask and meet demanding schedules
- Must have demonstrated a consistent record of high performance, with the ability to accept responsibility, exercise authority and be held accountable for assigned tasks
- Costpoint experience
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications
- Proficiency in Power BI
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Six Sigma Certification
- Lean Certification
- Manufacturing experience in Electrical and/or Mechanical Fabrication
- Demonstrated experience in Earned Value Management (EVM) on a Program and reporting Earned Value metrics
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.